Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ran out of gas...

Old 04-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Needs more poke.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada
Default Ran out of gas...

I was on my way to a gas station and ran out of gas. Called my friend up and he took me to a gas station got some gas (87 octane they were out of 93, which is what i always use) and put it in. After cranking it for awhile it starts to run, but barely. It shuts off again and i start to crank it and then i hear a weird metalic sound, sounded like hitting two knifes together. It only did it once then started up and all was well. No lights came on, But it worried me. Could anything that happend cause the timing to change or anything like that to make that type of a sound? Im praying it wasnt a valve or something eles internal. Just though i would post this here and see what you guys think. BTW the car is a Nissan Sentra SE-R.

Thanks,
Derek
Old 04-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: Ran out of gas...

Here's my motto: "just ignore it, eventually it'll go away"

my car is still running
Old 04-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada
Default Re: Ran out of gas...

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
Here's my motto: "just ignore it, eventually it'll go away"

my car is still running

haha, thats what im doing right now. Seems fine, preformace seems the same so i guess its ok.