Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Radios and speakers

Old 06-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justinm91 has disabled reputation
Default Radios and speakers

Okay, I've got a few questions about this stuff and my 1992 Honda Civic DX hatch.

For starters, I can't find info anywhere what size radio fits the car. My choices for the ones I was looking at were 1/2 DIN, 1 DIN, and Double DIN. I'm assuming it's a single DIN... if it's double.. well, that's an expensive as hell radio.

I also can't figure out what size speakers are in the doors. I swear google hates me or I pose my searches wrong or with the wrong words, but yeah, what size are those? I believe my speaker in the driver's side door is blown, it's almost silent compared to the passanger side, even when the music's up high.. blown, my guess.. or a loose wire. Likely replacing both.

As for why I'm replacing the radio, it doesn't display anything, no radio (Loose wire to the antenna?) and most of all no auxiliary jack for my MP3 player.

If anyone's got recommendations, I'm searching through Newegg for the gear. (I trust them.. they ain't screwed me with computer parts at least..)

Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited by Justinm91; 06-01-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

D&SAutoServices has disabled reputation
Default Re: Radios and speakers

The Radio is a Single Din.

Front speaker size is 6.5 or 5.25
Old 06-01-2010, 07:40 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default Re: Radios and speakers

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/c...Car/MyCar.aspx