Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Radio Problems

Old 04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default Radio Problems

My girlfriends 02 Nissan Sentra radio is acting a little funky latley. We were enjoying some tunes from a cd, stopped for a bit and when we got back into the car and turned the radio on the volume was really low. So we tryed turning it up and it wont go but so loud. Now when I say but so loud I mean it's not very loud at all. Like you can talk louder then it.

We try turning the nobs a million times still nothing. Make sure the speakers arn't blown, everything is working. I then hit the FM button and the normal radio 96x, was loud as shit. So we turned it down to a comfortable level thinking the problem worked itself out. Go back to cd, volume is super low and wont get any louder.

I can't think of anything that could cause this all of a sudden other then the radio just took a shit and she needs a new one.

It's just a stock Nissan radio, any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

mugenkcj303 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Radio Problems

might be a laser cd head is dirty, or a faulty head unit
Old 04-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt

i know with my head unit if i hit the power button but dont hold it down... it does into like some sort of quiet mode... maybe the sentra has that feature?
Old 04-30-2008, 05:03 AM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ChokolAwt
i know with my head unit if i hit the power button but dont hold it down... it does into like some sort of quiet mode... maybe the sentra has that feature?
Nope not it, thanks though.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:31 PM
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

nissan has/had all kinds of problems with thier OEM units (I used to work for Victory Nissan)...try another one or get an aftermarket one...
Old 04-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by mugenkcj303
might be a laser cd head is dirty, or a faulty head unit
No. CDs aren't an analog format, either the laser picks up digital data or it doesn't. If you have any sound at all, the laser and the whole decoding process is working fine. Cleaning a laser won't fix this problem, it's somewhere else in the head unit.