Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Quick ? for you Pontiac guys.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
forced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick ? for you Pontiac guys.

The vehicle is a 97 grand am 2.4

My sister just called me and said when she puts her seatbelt on the idiot lights go crazy and her locks switch back and forth from locked to unlocked.

Also described a few other wierd electrical issues.

Im not to familiar with pontiacs. I havent got my hands on the car yet. Sounds to me like a grounding issue. I am going to check it out over the weekend.

Hopefully its something common?
Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Flesh Into Gear.

kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa
Default Re: Quick ? for you Pontiac guys.

Call a priest. Get an exorcism.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Coming from a pontiac guy, those cars are pieces of shit. I don't know how the seat belt light could have much interaction with the door locks. Do the locks auto lock after 10mph or something?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

the power of christ compells thee
Old 04-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Registered Member

forced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know. I never have owned any type of gm. It's my sisters car. I like DSM's, and I'm a Chrysler tech and know of certain quirks with certain vehicles.

I was just hoping it was something quick and easy for the informed. I can figure it out this weekend, just trying to save some time.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

Sounds like a coin got jammed into the ceat lock.

People use to complain about the batteries dying in these cars. Someone they would get a pennie down in the cigarette lighter...dotn ask me how.

GM Quad 4's suck balls.