Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

quick thermostat question...

Old 10-10-2003, 09:21 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default quick thermostat question...

does the spring side of the thermostat go in towards the block or facing outwards in the housing?
Old 10-10-2003, 12:17 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

(this is a 240sx btw...)
Old 10-10-2003, 01:23 PM

sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Haynes Manual.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:25 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

advance didn't have any =(

no one knows?
Old 10-11-2003, 07:20 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

There are very few haynes manuels available for the 240SX, in most cases the spring side faces towards the block.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:23 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

that's how I put it in and it seems to be running hot.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:34 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Should look like this:
Attached Thumbnails quick thermostat question...-s13thermostat.gif  
Old 10-11-2003, 08:01 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

thanks eng. i had it right=]

now why does it seem to be running hot? if i turn the heat on it goes down a little, but that's a pain when i'm burning up already. maybe i'm glad the winter's coming...
Old 10-11-2003, 08:56 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you need to double check your coolant level, last nite when i changed my intake manifold gasket i had to drain the radiator, i filled that bitch up and squeezed all the air out if it that i could, drove the car around and it was running about 210 degrees which is about 30 degrees higher tha norm, turned the heat on and it went down, went back to the house, let it cool down and ended up putting another half a gallon of coolant in the car, filling the radiator and squeezing as much as you can its still hard as hell to get the coolant to the head, but now its running at around 160-180 again.........
Old 10-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

Is it ok to run your car without a thermosat??

Quick Reply: quick thermostat question...