Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

questioooon...

Old 04-27-2008, 08:46 PM
ratty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bubbax has disabled reputation
Default questioooon...

im doin the dpfi to mpfi conversion and i know im supposed to use a SI ecu and distrubuter but the manifold i have isnt an si manifold its off a 92 eg im pretty sure, can i use the ecu from the eg i got it off of and a ek resister box and the distrubter from the eg? just wondering.....?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt
Default Re: questioooon...

if that engine was a d16, which i think it was... then sure...

the ecu, i think should be a PM7, or you can chip your pm5 (im also assuming you have a dx? what year and make might i ask?)

the main thing, is getting the right wires ran to the CAS, and extending the wires on the TPS can be a PITA because it's hard to get to them...

make sure you solder and heatshrink each wire!!! i cant stress this enough! sure it might take longer... but it will also last longer! at LEAST solder each wire, dont just spin them together and use electrical tape and call it quits...
Old 04-28-2008, 10:43 AM
ratty

oh well its a 91 dx hatch with a d15 im pretty sure, so that means i should just get the SI ecu and distributer right? and ya quite a few people have already told me to heat shrink and take my time an all that
Old 04-28-2008, 05:14 PM
ratty

come on guys help me out, if i can use everything from the eg it came off of i can get it for free so i need to know if its possible or not the only thing thats diofferent from my engine and his is its a d15 with a d16 manifold
Old 04-28-2008, 08:10 PM
ratty

bumpage
Old 04-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Holy $h!t its gold

hybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these partshybridhondaz is infamous around these parts

to use the eg ecu you would have to go to obd1 the manifold works just plug the map sensor 3 wire plug to the map on the t.b. the dist. i think will work not definate that it will. had a d15b7 in my wifes crx. and if you do the harness while the manifold is out it will be alot easier.