Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

question for my uberdata experts..

Old 06-29-2006, 06:47 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question for my uberdata experts..

Hey,
This is probably pretty simple but I wanted to make sure before I proceeded. I have a virgin p28 currently in my 93 civic coupe which I have plans of boosting at the end of the summer. I have a buddy who just put the same motor (d16z6) in his crx and did the obd conversion harness but doesn't have a p28 ecu so the crx isn't running the way it could with that motor.

Anyways, I have an extra p28 ecu that has the uberdata and the usb cable for logging already installed which I was planning on using for when I fix up my civic. The previous owner has it mapped for a turbo setup currently and I was going to wait and have someone come help me program the chip to be tuned with that future setup.

Anyways, I was wondering if in the meantime there was a way for me to put the stock p28 map into the uberdata ecu so it would run the exact same as stock and then just hook my buddy up with my virgin p28. I am loving the stock p28 ecu right now because of fuel mileage and the cost of gas, so I want to make sure I can put the stock p28 settings into the ecu for now. If anyone knows how easy or hard this will be then please let me know.
Thanks!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue
Default Re: question for my uberdata experts..

its as simple as burning the stock p28 map in uberdata and putting it onto the chip.....in my experience though none of the basemaps in uber work too hot until tuned.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Patron

llatidamn has disabled reputation
Default Re: question for my uberdata experts..

cut or desolder the jumper wire at j1 it will switch back to stock p28 settings. when you're ready to tune just reconnect the jumper wire.