Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Question about SuperTech Valves

Old 07-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Integra DA9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these parts
Default Question about SuperTech Valves

Im looking to boost my d16z6 motor an idk if i wanna go wit all Blox valves, retainers, springs etc...or go wit SuperTech stuff now i've never heard of em an i wonder if anyone you guys have used there stuff ?? Just trying to save little money but not trying to turn around an keep replacing valves because all they do is bend.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:22 PM
シビックタイプR

boostorbust has disabled reputation
Default Re: Question about SuperTech Valves

Stay away from supertech valve! Ferrea, Skunk2
Old 07-02-2011, 04:30 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Supertech will destroy your motor, plain and simple. They're as cheap as they are for a reason, stick with the well knowns ie ferrea, skunk2, or if you have the money bisimoto
Old 07-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Super Tech has high failure rates. Ferrera!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Integra DA9

JDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these partsJDMIntegra91 is infamous around these parts

Thanks guys!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 AM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

Steer away from skunk 2 internals period for boost with maybe cams as an exception.

Crower/Ferrea/Endyn if you like reliable motors.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Integra DA9

Yeah i was looking at blox internals but im not 100% sure right now..if any of u guys got sohc parts for sale LMK
Old 07-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

pinkcheese has disabled reputation

must be platform specific on the failure rates then, we have several people runing supertech internal and head parts on the ford duratec/MZR blocks with great success, yet to hear of any failures. few of them pushing 400hp daily including myself, and another pure drag car pushing 700hp on e85
Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

^ i just like your username.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by pinkcheese
must be platform specific on the failure rates then, we have several people runing supertech internal and head parts on the ford duratec/MZR blocks with great success, yet to hear of any failures. few of them pushing 400hp daily including myself, and another pure drag car pushing 700hp on e85
I'm going to have to agree. I've heard good things about them, and I don't like to make judgments about product quality based on Honda parts. It's hard to put any relative value on part quality judgments that come from the 95% of amateur Honda engine builders who do it in their garage. I'm no pro engine builder either, but I've learned to be very careful about which advice I listen to, and the context in which the parts have been used.

There are obviously higher priced parts out there, which often means those parts are higher quality, but it's really hard to say "those parts suck, they're cheap for a reason" without some type of comparison. If the cheap valve works well, what are you actually gaining by using a much more expensive valve?

I just want people to think about things carefully before they make decisions.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-06-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Question about SuperTech Valves