Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

question about engine gaskets and seals

Old 10-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProjektHatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question about engine gaskets and seals

hey... ok, im running out of options... 89 Bronco II 2.9 litre v-6 4x4. I need the engine gaskets and seals replaced, all of them..2 heads,2 exh. manifolds, rear and front seals, timing cover gasket, intake mani gasket... etc... all of them... i dont need to have the engine rebuilt yet, it runs damn near perfect.. just blows streams of smoke from oil leaking onto hot engine.... I can get the master gasket kit for about 170 from Advance... but it will take me over a week to tear it down and do all that... is there any shop near the hampton area that isnt overbooked already and wont charge me an arm and a leg to do this? i guess i need a techs opinion also as to how many book hours this job will log, so i can figure out if im getting ripped off or not.
i would just sell the truck... but everything is either new, or rebuilt, already, besides the engine leaks... so with this fixed, the truck will be fine... anyone know anyone who I can call?
Old 10-30-2004, 10:29 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x
Default Re: question about engine gaskets and seals

i know American Pride does this type of work, but they will probaly buttrape you on the price. call and ask.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:11 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

Originally Posted by ProjektHatch
hey... ok, im running out of options... 89 Bronco II 2.9 litre v-6 4x4. I need the engine gaskets and seals replaced, all of them..2 heads,2 exh. manifolds, rear and front seals, timing cover gasket, intake mani gasket... etc... all of them... i dont need to have the engine rebuilt yet, it runs damn near perfect.. just blows streams of smoke from oil leaking onto hot engine.... I can get the master gasket kit for about 170 from Advance... but it will take me over a week to tear it down and do all that... is there any shop near the hampton area that isnt overbooked already and wont charge me an arm and a leg to do this? i guess i need a techs opinion also as to how many book hours this job will log, so i can figure out if im getting ripped off or not.
i would just sell the truck... but everything is either new, or rebuilt, already, besides the engine leaks... so with this fixed, the truck will be fine... anyone know anyone who I can call?

hey would you be interested in a "parts bronco" same engine size, 5 speed tranny..

back to topic

ummmmm every shop will run you an arm and a leg and it wold probably take about the same amout of time. my suggestion if you have another car to drive, buy the gasket kit and pull the engine and replace all the seals
Old 10-31-2004, 07:27 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

honestly the way most shops around here work is they have a computer connected to a database with more or less a universal number for each job on each car, etc. so essentially every full service station is going to look up about the same number of labor hours for the job regardless of where you go to to get it done, and regardless of how long it takes them to do it (techs finishing a job in way less time then is called for is how they make their money anyways). your best bet is to just call around and get some price quotes.