Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Problem blowing top end seals

Old 10-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ddbeater ddbeater ddbeater
Default Problem blowing top end seals

My friend has a mini me with a jackson racing supercharger pushing 9ish pounds. I just put brand new plug tube seals and valve cover gasket on it. And a day later it is filling the tubes with oil and leaking badly from the valve cover gasket.It has a catch can on it and is filling it quickly. Any ideas?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:00 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: Problem blowing top end seals

too much vtech fluid.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

sounds like its building up crank case pressure...
Old 10-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

Haha naw the oil level is good. I know its building pressure like crazy I'm just trying to find out the best possible way to vent it.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Use a catch can with a breather on it. Take a look at what the non-turbo race guys are using, they often have high flow crankcase vent systems to get that extra HP or two from reducing pressure-induced windage losses when it counts.

It worries me that you're getting that much crankcase pressure though, because that means you're either getting a lot of blowby or are pressurizing the oiling system with the supercharger (I can't remember, is the supercharger gearbox oiled by the engine?) but either way it doesn't sound like normal operating conditions.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-28-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:38 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Use a catch can with a breather on it. Take a look at what the non-turbo race guys are using, they often have high flow crankcase vent systems to get that extra HP or two from reducing pressure-induced windage losses when it counts.

It worries me that you're getting that much crankcase pressure though, because that means you're either getting a lot of blowby or are pressurizing the oiling system with the supercharger (I can't remember, is the supercharger gearbox oiled by the engine?) but either way it doesn't sound like normal operating conditions.
I think that s/c is a smaller version of the M112 on the Cobras....if so, it's internally lubricated.

If you're getting that much oil blow-by something else is wrong.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

i do need to find a vented catch can that one he has is a piece of shit. And yea the supercharger is sealed lubrication. i think i'm going to just look for a stock Z6 for him. That mini-me is prolly dying with the charger on it. thanks for all the help though yall.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:47 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Originally Posted by ddbeater
i do need to find a vented catch can that one he has is a piece of shit. And yea the supercharger is sealed lubrication. i think i'm going to just look for a stock Z6 for him. That mini-me is prolly dying with the charger on it. thanks for all the help though yall.
Good start.