Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Prelude stuttering at half/full throttle low rpms..

Old 03-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IntegraLS4dr has disabled reputation
Prelude stuttering at half/full throttle low rpms..

I just started getting this problem. It was running fine this morning and i got on it a bit and it ran great. Parked the car for a few minutes to run into the house and came out and started to drive off and it was 'stuttering'. This is a new to me motor with 64000 miles and had no problems the last week that i have had it in. Its a 2001 prelude and an H22a4. I went in and checked to make sure all the wires were in and snug. i did notice the wire from the coil to the dizzy was not attached so i took it out and reattached it. same problem. i have new plugs wires and all new fluids. i use only premium fuel. it is quite weird. could it be this ignition coil wire. also they are nology wires could one not being totally grounded cause this? i need some ideas. also i started last night and had the rev go up and down over and over like the fast idle was messed up or something but it stopped after driving it up the road. it was cold but could this have anything to do with it?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered member

i need a civic! has disabled reputation
Default Re: Prelude stuttering at half/full throttle low rpms..

something must a came loose when you got on it. its gotta be the coil. same this happend to my dirtbike. had to replace the coil. maybe im wrong but thats what it sounds like..
Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

IntegraLS4dr has disabled reputation
Default Re: Prelude stuttering at half/full throttle low rpms..

everybody talks shit about msd but thats the only other coil have so once the rest of my bolt on come in ill be mounting my 6al box and coil till then i have no room for it. but thats what my boy said too he said his coil just broke up and it drove like well poopoo
hopefully that will fix it.