Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Popping Out Of 5th Gear!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95MustangGT has disabled reputation
Default Popping Out Of 5th Gear!

I have a 99 CIVIC SI that i bought in Feb of this year. It's always had a sloppy shift to it. Couple of months ago my stabilzer bar bushing connectiong to the tranny gave out causing the stabilizer bar to fall out the bottom of my car going about 55 mph. Replaced the bushing and stabilizer bar with a new one from the Honda dealership. It was fine..but now my car is popping out of 5th. Looked under it, the shifter is a little bent and the bushing is weak looking..so im guessing thats my problem. Maybe when the stabilizer fell out at those speeds it bent alot of shit up. So now i'm looking at short throw shifters!

What's a good one? I need a short throw shifter KIT. Everything! To replace anything and everything that got bent up. I also need new bushings for both ends of the stabilizer, real stiff ones because the new one i replaced is shit and already has to much play.

One question is, i SHOULDN'T be able to move the stabilizer bar at all when its in gear right, nor should the shifter move left to right like it's in neutral when it's in any gear?