Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

poor acceleration on turbo civic

Old 03-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nestoryak has disabled reputation
Default poor acceleration on turbo civic

alight i got a d15 built turbo. just recently got a ecu chipped and base mapped to my set up on 550cc injectors at 10psi on a gtx2867r. this basemap is not my tune! and will be dyno tuned very soon! i just want to get it running have way decent to take it to the tuner. anyways while accelerating from a stop it spits and sputters and when heavier throttled its smooth all the way through the power band. say I'm going into 3rd and crusing in the neighbor hood it doesn't like to stay at steady speed and sputters unless i hit the gas harder and its also idling very low and rough. to me it feels like a throttle position issue. the sensor is new and has been adjusted when was n/a. does it need to be adjusted differently for bigger injector and or for a turbo set up? i am a mechanic so I'm not a complete idiot, just haven't had a turbo honda before and having a little issues.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: poor acceleration on turbo civic

You need actually tuning, not a basemap. You probably need some fine tuning of the injector duty cycle at low loads and some other minor things that stack up in a major way. I wouldn't worry too much about it until getting tuned, but in the meantime you might want to double check the other sensors that could cause hiccups like the IAT and MAP sensor. The normal suspects for the sputtering you're talking about would be the MAP and TPS, but in this case I would assume it's probably an injector problem because of the large injector size on the very small engine along with the predictive tuning (basemap) instead of actual tuning.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Registered member

nestoryak has disabled reputation

yeah thats what i kind of figured. the bas map is just till i can get it to the tuner. but before i get it tuned i need to get a better waste gate and a new down pipe and a 3bar map. after i get that stuff ill be taking it to get tuned and see how that works out
Old 03-11-2014, 03:49 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

The point of a base map is to get you to the tuner, not to beat on it until you get to the tuner. Now if you were doing an E-tune then that is a different story because they will require the data log to make adjustments and email another tune.

Good luck on not blowing it up before you make it to the tuner.