Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

polyurethane bushings

Old 06-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Still a member...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Neon Boy has disabled reputation
Default polyurethane bushings

are they a good investment? i know a few ppl who have used them with no complaints, i need some more good feedback, appreciate it...
Old 06-08-2005, 10:57 AM
FUCK THIEVES

G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec
Default Re: polyurethane bushings

Originally Posted by euroneon21
are they a good investment? i know a few ppl who have used them with no complaints, i need some more good feedback, appreciate it...
depends where
Old 06-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Still a member...

suspension-wise?

even for the shift assembly, too? really i mean using them PERIOD...

anyone with feedback?

Last edited by Mr. Neon Boy; 06-08-2005 at 11:27 AM. Reason: (sp)
Old 06-08-2005, 05:39 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

night and day difference in responsiveness especially on older cars, very labor intensive install, kits themselves are relatively cheap on ebay. if you have a honda make sure you buy the trailing arm bushings since they dont come in the hyperflex master kits.

if youre going to pick up a kit get the graphite imprenated hyperflex kit from energy suspension to prevent binding and squeaking down the road, especially if your car is going to be daily driven.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:37 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

they do make a difference, but jesus the install sucks, took me like 2 days to do mine.....
Old 06-08-2005, 06:42 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
they do make a difference, but jesus the install sucks, took me like 2 days to do mine.....
Shit. I'ma try to Knock out one side a day. Thanks for the heads up.

I didn't order the trailing arm bushings. But if I used the Integra ones, would I use them for a integra also?

I got the red ones, master kit, what grease should I use?

Euroneon21-I already have the motor mount inserts, they made a big difference in how much wheel hop I have. But now my dash rattles, and I'm afraid it is gonna crack it. I can feel my motor running through everything. doorpanels, seatbelts,windows, dash,glovebox, shifter, and pedals rattle.

I plan on switching to HaSport motor mounts next summer, this is to hold me over for now.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower

Originally Posted by supra8215
Shit. I'ma try to Knock out one side a day. Thanks for the heads up.

I didn't order the trailing arm bushings. But if I used the Integra ones, would I use them for a integra also?

I got the red ones, master kit, what grease should I use?

Euroneon21-I already have the motor mount inserts, they made a big difference in how much wheel hop I have. But now my dash rattles, and I'm afraid it is gonna crack it. I can feel my motor running through everything. doorpanels, seatbelts,windows, dash,glovebox, shifter, and pedals rattle.

I plan on switching to HaSport motor mounts next summer, this is to hold me over for now.
For your trailing arms I would use the mugen ones cause all iv ever heard is a lot of back and froth about how energy suspension bind and cause problems. The mugen one is basically your stock one but cheaper + stronger ( also Honda made there trailing arm bushings stronger once mugen came out with there's) If you do it yourself use all the grease that comes with the bushings(place racing supplies grease)
I did it my self since I have heard the price for a shop is from 300-500 for labor. You can either use a torch and hammer or find a machine shop with a hydraulic press. I don’t know how stiff you inserts are but if you get Hasport motor mounts there going to be stiff as well.

Last edited by eghatchb18; 06-09-2005 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:40 AM
Still a member...

well i am running Deyemes motor mount inserts and they feel pretty good, when i rev it does feel like the engine is going to fall out anymore, i was just asking about the suspension bushing kits.....

i think i will go with the hyperflex kit so i wont have much squeaking going on(if they have it for my car...).
Old 06-09-2005, 07:15 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

they aren't that bad to install as long as you own or have access to a press. no amount of grease helps the polyurethane squeek. you can use all sorts of grease, but eventually they do squeek. keep in-mind that when you do a more solid bushing or mount, you are limiting the amount of flex designed into the chassis. so, you will rattle crap loose if you do all four engine mounts, and your suspension, if you tend to hit curbs and stuff, could suffer great damage due to lack of flex. also, you could experience stress fracturing from too much mount/too much hard launching. ask me how i know...
Old 06-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by ToyotaTechGeek
they aren't that bad to install as long as you own or have access to a press. no amount of grease helps the polyurethane squeek. you can use all sorts of grease, but eventually they do squeek. keep in-mind that when you do a more solid bushing or mount, you are limiting the amount of flex designed into the chassis. so, you will rattle crap loose if you do all four engine mounts, and your suspension, if you tend to hit curbs and stuff, could suffer great damage due to lack of flex. also, you could experience stress fracturing from too much mount/too much hard launching. ask me how i know...
How do you know?

Quick Reply: polyurethane bushings