Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Please help with my LS.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wileykioti is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Please help with my LS.

I just got a DA the other day and there was a knock in it. At first I thought it was the rod bearings so I changed the one out and the car still knocked. The rod earing shaved down the crank so I bought another set of rod bearings and changed the piston and rod that I thought was bent. I tightened down the rod bearing around the crank and there is still play in it. I was wondering if the crankshaft was shaved, and if not what someone thought the problem was. Please help me! Thanks.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation
Default Re: Please help with my LS.

it sounds like your motor spun a bearing and you only changed the bearing out and did no other work. you need a new crank and rod if this is the case.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RPRacing
it sounds like your motor spun a bearing and you only changed the bearing out and did no other work. you need a new crank and rod if this is the case.
Oh damn, so you think thats all it is?
Old 01-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Banned

dallasb84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wileykioti
I just got a DA the other day and there was a knock in it. At first I thought it was the rod bearings so I changed the one out and the car still knocked. The rod earing shaved down the crank so I bought another set of rod bearings and changed the piston and rod that I thought was bent. I tightened down the rod bearing around the crank and there is still play in it. I was wondering if the crankshaft was shaved, and if not what someone thought the problem was. Please help me! Thanks.
the bearings come in different sizes from honda iirc. you might have the worng size. something bout the honda color codes. but..... ive seen this done a few times on other motors with sucess.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation

If you damaged a bearing, there are other problems as well. Either replace the engine, or tear the old one down and fix whats wrong. Just a guess at a minimum, crank, 1 connecting rod, rod bearings, main bearings, thrust bearings, rings and gasket set. And think real hard on a oil pump too. Disassemble everything and flush out all the oil galleys!!! even the head...
Old 01-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Registered Member

I just bought a new LS. Thanks for yalls help.