Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

P28 on a GSR motor

Old 12-02-2003, 01:09 PM
The Comeback Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76
Default P28 on a GSR motor

I have a P72 on my GSR and I want to dyno tune my car with a hondata. I dont want any downtime on my car because its my daily driver and I dont want to send it off my ecu to get socketed. Anyways my question is does it matter if the P28 ECU came from an automatic car? I dont think it will make a difference but I want to make sure before I buy it. Let me know if I can use the P28 OBD-1 that came off of an automatic ex on my OBD-1 Gsr motor. Thanks
Old 12-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Yes, it does matter. It will not work.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:20 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

correct me if I'm wrong but can't you remove a jumper wire from the ecu? I could have swore I read that you can convert the ecu to manual....fuck now I gotta look that up.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yes, that P28 can be converted. I can also socket that P72 for you.
Actually I might have a P72 I can swap you if you need something to use while it gets chipped.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:01 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 0psi
Yes, it does matter. It will not work.
Wrong. A auto ECU will work in a manual car but a manual ECU will not work in a auto car.

You can convert it to auto man
Old 12-02-2003, 03:20 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 99blackcivicsi
Wrong. A auto ECU will work in a manual car but a manual ECU will not work in a auto car.

You can convert it to auto man
you contradicted yourself.....
He has an auto ecu and manual car.
You can convert it to manual.

Oh my god the allmighty 0psi was wrong!!!!the world is coming to an end.....
Old 12-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Actually an auto ECU in a manual car will work like ass unless it's converted to manual. It will work, but it will be running off of the auto parameters, which are tuned a bit different than the manual parameters. So yes, you could, but you don't want to.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:57 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by split
you contradicted yourself.....
He has an auto ecu and manual car.
You can convert it to manual.

Oh my god the allmighty 0psi was wrong!!!!the world is coming to an end.....

Sorry, i was on the way out the door typed to fast and didn't think at all

i meant to say it will work but be best if it is converted.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Rock on you fucks!

Boosted DC2

Originally posted by Fabrik8
Yes, that P28 can be converted. I can also socket that P72 for you.
Actually I might have a P72 I can swap you if you need something to use while it gets chipped.
is it OBD1? wanna sell that P72 to me for a good price?
Old 12-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Racetracks

Actually I'm holding it for until the owner pays me for chipping it, so I can use it as a loaner but not for sale, sorry..

Quick Reply: P28 on a GSR motor