Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

P28 on a B18C1

Old 07-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grant90 has disabled reputation
Default P28 on a B18C1

I'm currently running a P28 in my Civic and the engine is from a 95 GS-R, LIGHTLY modified w/ an AEM SRI and 2.5 in Cat-back with a high flow cat.

My question is, if I get it chipped and tuned w/the P28 I have now, will the gains I see from getting it chipped and tuned be worth the price I'll have to pay? Also, will the engine run more efficient than it is now and will I see any changes in my fuel economy. Currently i'm getting between 23-27 city and about 30hwy.

Thanks for any input.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: P28 on a B18C1

If the P28 isn't chipped, you're running on a D16Z6 program, which isn't really great for running a B18C1. So it at least needs to be chipped with something like a P30 program (with the knock sensor disabled). This isn't really about fuel economy, this is about safely running your engine with something that is a much better approximation of the maps that it SHOULD be running with.

So yes, get it tuned. Efficiency will follow.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

Will simply getting it chipped work or is the tuning going to be the most effective for making the engine run as it should?
Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If the P28 isn't chipped, you're running on a D16Z6 program, which isn't really great for running a B18C1. So it at least needs to be chipped with something like a P30 program (with the knock sensor disabled). This isn't really about fuel economy, this is about safely running your engine with something that is a much better approximation of the maps that it SHOULD be running with.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:29 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

getting it "chipped" is simply getting a programable chip installed in the computer. whoever does this will ask you what base map you need. as for your set-up, you just need a gsr basemap. once you have that gsr basemap im sure you will notice a difference all around. tuning isnt really needed for a basically stock gsr imo.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

I just called Accuracy Auto, and they said that the getting the stock GSR basemap on CROME will theoretically work, but they advise getting a full tune because just the basemap could potentially be worse than my p28 without a full tune.
Originally Posted by 95egd16
getting it "chipped" is simply getting a programable chip installed in the computer. whoever does this will ask you what base map you need. as for your set-up, you just need a gsr basemap. once you have that gsr basemap im sure you will notice a difference all around. tuning isnt really needed for a basically stock gsr imo.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

That's not really necessary because your engine is pretty much stock, but a tune never hurts if you don't mind spending some extra money. Stock programs are pretty conservative so a tune on even a stock engine can free up some extra power.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:56 AM
DRINK BEER AND FIGHT

BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI

That's not really necessary because your engine is pretty much stock, but a tune never hurts if you don't mind spending some extra money. Stock programs are pretty conservative so a tune on even a stock engine can free up some extra power.
OP id listen to this guy. Every post i ever read this cat has an expert opion..
Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by brewski_ej1
OP id listen to this guy. Every post i read from this guy, IS the expert opinion..
Fixed

<3 you Fabrik8

OR you can get a stock Gs-r OBD1 ECU and run that

Last edited by NasTHatch; 07-29-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:33 AM
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

This....
I believe you called us not too long ago...
Old 07-29-2010, 10:56 AM
-RepLegion

Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
Fixed

<3 you Fabrik8

OR you can get a stock Gs-r OBD1 ECU and run that
yes!!!!

P30 is a b16 basemap Fabrik.

but really get your car chipped/tuned and stop riding around on that ecu. your valves are in agony. I hope for your motors sake your not racing anybody.

Last edited by Mau5head; 07-29-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Quick Reply: P28 on a B18C1