Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

p0325

Old 06-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt
Default p0325

just finished my b16a2 swap in a 97 ek hatch running a pt2 ecu with obd2a to b conversion harness this is the only code I have and i have researched that this is the knock sensor i did wire in the knock sensor my self. has anyone else had this problem before the car runs very well and has no hesitation should i check for continuity between the ecu wire and the pin?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: p0325

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0325

there are 2 different knock sensors, round and square. which one went with the engine? need to use the same type.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt

used the same type plug it was round how can i check for continuity between the sensor and the wire i dont know how i can reach my test lead on my meter to both sides the ecu pin and the knock plug without taking the whole harness out of the cabin again
Old 06-29-2011, 07:04 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

one pin goes to ground, the other to the ecu. which do you have running to the ecu? where did you run the other to ground? make sure it has a good connection to ground.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

i only have one pin on my plug that goes to the ecu i think that might be the problem cause the plug i got only came with one pin
Old 06-29-2011, 07:12 PM
superuser

knock sensor should be going to D3. grounding is to the block, instead of another wire, so make sure it's 1/4 turn pas hand tight with a good connection.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:13 PM
superuser

Old 06-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

im pretty sure the wire is fucked i double checked my wiring diagrams for obd2a and its d6 no ground but you are correct about obd1 its 2 wires one to ecu one to ground
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You can use another piece of wire as an extension for your multimeter leads. A piece of wire will add only negligible resistance to continuity tests or whatever else you need to do.

Oh, often it really helps to have the knock sensor wire shielded to lower electrical interference. If the problem is showing up when the engine is running (instead of just when the key is on before the engine is started) it may need some shielding.