Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ok new tech question

Old 08-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Bone Stock for now!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zexcivicls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ok new tech question

what are the benefits if there are any of putting an ls piston in a gsr would it lower the compression or anything
Old 08-04-2003, 03:07 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yes, you would lower the compression, but you would also lose power and going into vtec wouldnt feel as nice, in my experience the higher the compression the better the gain when the motor goes into vtec, lowering your compression will just make you slower and have less get up and go.......
Old 08-04-2003, 05:17 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

The problem with the lower compression ,that you will receive when using Ls pistons in the GSR block, is that when the cam switches to the "high lobe" the combustion chamber will not provide enough air to utilize the larger cam profile properly. Hence lower power output.

What are your plans for the motor?
Old 08-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Bone Stock for now!!

zexcivicls is an unknown quantity at this point

just seeing what i can do i thought it was better to have a lower compression for boost and im trying to use the supercharger so i thought id ask cuz i got this spare ls block at motor at my house
Old 08-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Just bolt the charger to the GSR and it will be alright. It's all in the tune.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:49 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by 0psi
The problem with the lower compression ,that you will receive when using Ls pistons in the GSR block, is that when the cam switches to the "high lobe" the combustion chamber will not provide enough air to utilize the larger cam profile properly. Hence lower power output.

What are your plans for the motor?
What does the combustion chamber have to do with providing air? It sounds like your saying lowering the c/r will decrease volumetric effiecency.