Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

oil in the spark plug tube

Old 10-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife
Default oil in the spark plug tube

I have a 92 eg hatch with a b18b1 ls swap with 20,000 miles since the rebuild. I keep getting a shit load of oil in my spark plug tubes.It-shirts always 3 out of 4 but it's not always the same one that is untouched. There's enough oil to fill up over the top of the spark plug. I tried changing the valve cover tube seal bandit happened again. Any ideas? Can this happen from valve seals? The car doesn't smoke at all so it isn't the piston rings right? Let me know asap
Old 10-17-2012, 03:37 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: oil in the spark plug tube

The valve stem seals can't leak oil outside of the valve cover, no. You may be getting a lot of blowby, too much for the valve cover vent to handle, but that's pretty farfetched. It's more likely that you have damaged plug tube gaskets or a damaged sealing surface against the gaskets. Or the valve cover is warped somehow.
Or you're really overfilling the engine with oil....
Old 10-17-2012, 04:08 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Jesus if its filling up past the spark plugs than you have a major problem.

I agree with fabby. You either have a warped tubes.,warped valve cover or all of your securing studs are stripped and letting the tube seals lift. Youd be able to tell that nearly right away though.

And yea make sure your not putting 6 quarts in that thing or anything.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:51 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

MY opinon is the same as above plus you're fucked.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Registered Member

thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife thelowlife

I put in brand new tube seals from Acura yesterday and the studs agent stripped. Not sure on the warpped tubes or valve cover though. Thanks for the help. If you got any other ideas let me know
Old 10-17-2012, 05:37 AM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

silicone? after a valve cover has been removed from the car alot. it can lead to warping of the Vc itself because people think that proper order and torquing of them is key to not warp the cover..try some rtv or honda bond and see if it happens
Old 10-17-2012, 05:40 AM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Speaking from experience, the OE Honda/Acura tube seals suck. I replaced my last valve cover gasket/tube seals with a FelPro kit from AutoZone, never had one problem. And, you'll pay almost as much for just the tube seals from the dealer than the whole kit from AutoZone.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

Also I've had the car since late June and this just started happening very recently. How could a valve cover or or tubes warp exactly? I've never harbor this happening so I'd like to know the most info I can. Thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF 100 ~ PROOF

When all else fails....take it to a PROFESSIONAL.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 100 ~ PROOF
When all else fails....take it to a PROFESSIONAL.
I don't have that kind of money right now lol

Quick Reply: oil in the spark plug tube