Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Oil coming out between manifold and turbo?

Old 02-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SleepinOnBoost has disabled reputation
Exclamation Oil coming out between manifold and turbo?

I have a sr20det oil comes out between the turbo and the turbo manifold. I think it might be my piston rings or maybe even a blown turbo...The motor the turbo came off of leaned out of oil because of a broken oil pick-up, so maybe it is just the turbo. On the previous motor the turbo made loud winding noises almost like a Ball-Bearing turbo. I'm thinking since I drove the car for 3 months like that before the motor spun a rod bearing, that maybe the lack of oil added with the heat dried the seal out and they cracked, and now that it’s getting the right amount of oil it’s leaking. The car just started doing this and it about the 10th time I’ve turned it on. The motor has only 42K miles on it. I guess what I need is the possible problems I sure someone has had this same problem with their boosted cars somewhere along the lines.

Last edited by SleepinOnBoost; 02-27-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Oil coming out between manifold and turbo?

Originally Posted by SleepinOnBoost
I have a sr20det oil comes out between the turbo and the turbo manifold. I think it might be my piston rings or maybe even a blown turbo...Pls help
I'm not trying to be a dick, but are you fucking kidding me?

It could be any numbers of issues including the ones you mentioned.....did you pull off the turbo or the head to see what's up or are you just expecting us to solve your problem magicially?
Old 02-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

im tring to figure out what it could possiably be so maybe if people listed the possiable problems it could be i could check those and narrow it down...
Old 02-27-2011, 11:56 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

It's probably your spelling.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:09 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

We are just tring to help.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

If you don’t want to shoot some ideas and ill you want to do is bash on me then don’t comment on this ok? I’m looking for help not drama….
Old 02-27-2011, 12:20 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

It's hard to without more info, pics, etc.

Just start takin' stuff apart. Thats what I do.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Its self explanatory...It’s between the turbo and turbo manifold 4 bolt gasket)...But the motor the turbo came off of had spun a bearing because the oil pickup broke (leaned out of oil), so maybe that is the cause? The turbo got hot it wasn’t and getting the proper amount of oil, the seal dried up, and cracked and now that it’s getting the right amount of oil it leaking…I’ve started the car 10 times and this last time was the 1st time it started doing it… Also I drove the car around like that for about 3 months; the turbo was unusually loud for a t25, Whistled which is unusual for a stock sr20det redtop T25, You shouldn’t hear it at all. I’m thinking that is the problem since the motor is new and was bought from jei a few months back. I’m think this is the most logical thing. If I am wrong someone please correct me. Also please shoot me other ideas:
So far I’m thinking
-Valve seals
-Piston rings
-Turbo
Old 02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

it's the owner. change it.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

Kouki KA-T has disabled reputation

WTF? I can vouch for a "redtop sr t25 turbo". It makes fucking noise man, big deal. You're up here posting about something you want solved.....yet you post not one picture and say its self explanatory???? Fuck that. Delete your post, forget any help, and I hope the turbo seals, along with the motor go to shit. Thanks

Quick Reply: Oil coming out between manifold and turbo?