Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Odd funny question, but what's a funny swap to do in a ford probe?

Old 06-16-2004, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scorched is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Odd funny question, but what's a funny swap to do in a ford probe?

Friend asked me if i could find him a motor to a Ford Probe and I thought it would be kind of funny to do a swap while he's at it. Anyone know what a good swap is if there are any that would mount to the tranny/motor mounts?
Old 06-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick
Default Re: Odd funny question, but what's a funny swap to do in a ford probe?

My brother in law did a klze swap in his probe gt, direct swap. i dont think it will work on a four cylinder
Old 06-16-2004, 08:17 PM

EG1sol has disabled reputation

i dunno about funny but the place i bought my motor from has JDM motors that go into probes cause they told me this story about some guy who got one for his probe and it broke, so they fixed it and spent like $300 more than the thing cost to begin with, and how like he told everyone on a probe forum and they got alot of business, lol i know long story, but i guess theres a JDM probe?
Old 06-17-2004, 05:02 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

yes, KLZE swap is a JDM swap for a ford probe GT/MX6 LS, you can even use the stock ECU, y ou will lose horse power due to the different fuel curves and rpm band and shit, but it fits right in, only difference really shape wise is the IM longer neck to TB and the back of it is a little longer. sweet engine though i hope to get one for my MX6