Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

obd2 tuning options emissions compliant

Old 10-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eG6ie eG6ie
Default obd2 tuning options emissions compliant

I just wanted some input on tuning options for obd2 vehicles. Here in NOVA, we have emissions inspections every two years. I've run a hondata and it was great until inspection time. I tried to go back to stock ecu and injectors, but I kept getting misfire codes. I'm assuming because of lowered compression. Right now I am using a greddy emanage, but I keep getting cel after cel. mostly map sensor codes and ap sensor codes. cant get them to go away and car stalls when cel comes on. Am I stuck w/ just piggybacks? Does anyone have any experience w/ the AEM FIC? I don't think that the aem ems will pass emissions - will it?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: obd2 tuning options emissions compliant

If the AEM supports the OBD2 protocol, there is no reason it shouldn't pass emissions if it is tuned properly. I don't know if it supports the ODB2 protocol or not. I work for an engine management company (don't ask, then answer is no) and we have OBD2 implemented for some of our customers (other companies, we don't sell direct to aftermarket) and it's fine if tuned properly.