Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

obd1 to obd2 wiring problem

Old 12-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fiveomike has disabled reputation
Default obd1 to obd2 wiring problem

I have done an 96 ls obd2 swap into my 95 civic obd1 i used my stock civic engine wire harness i converted the distributer to the obd1 i got to the IAT sensor which my stock harness does not have so my first ? is how do i go about fixing this problem. I have the ECU for the LS. My next ? is the alternator plug is differnt from the one on the LS motors alternator what is the best solution for this i tried using the alternator from my civic but it didnt line up with the LS bracket. Last ? would it of been alot easier to have gotten a LS wire harness and did it that way.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

johncarlito has disabled reputation
Default Re: obd1 to obd2 wiring problem

Originally Posted by fiveomike
I have done an 96 ls obd2 swap into my 95 civic obd1 i used my stock civic engine wire harness i converted the distributer to the obd1 i got to the IAT sensor which my stock harness does not have so my first ? is how do i go about fixing this problem. I have the ECU for the LS. My next ? is the alternator plug is differnt from the one on the LS motors alternator what is the best solution for this i tried using the alternator from my civic but it didnt line up with the LS bracket. Last ? would it of been alot easier to have gotten a LS wire harness and did it that way.
obd 1 civic come factory with IAT, it should be there .. alternator doesnt plug up cuz its an obd2, just like you wire up the dizzy ,u need to do the same for the alternator.
is the ls ecu obd1?? if not best thing to do is to get an obd1!

Last edited by johncarlito; 12-16-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:06 PM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

+1

For the alternator plug I think I have the wiring diagram to do this.
I had to do the very same thing to a friends car about 6 months ago.

I'll find later when I go home and let you know.
Or just look for wiring diagrams of a 95' and a 96' charging system in haynes or on the net and then cross reference the wires.

Last edited by crasy87rexsi; 12-16-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:51 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

You should have the IAT sensor plug on the civic's harness. If the LS does not have the white sensor in the intake manifold the. You will need to take the sensor from you old engine and put it in the intake tube and extend the wires from the harness to the new location of the sensor.

Now to the alt, this is just a thought buy a obd1 b-series alt. To keep the wiring to a minium.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

johncarlito has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by wright
You should have the IAT sensor plug on the civic's harness. If the LS does not have the white sensor in the intake manifold the. You will need to take the sensor from you old engine and put it in the intake tube and extend the wires from the harness to the new location of the sensor.

Now to the alt, this is just a thought buy a obd1 b-series alt. To keep the wiring to a minium.
or trade the one you have , (to keep the harness to a minium of cutting an splicing) yeah that would be best ..