Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

No Heat in Integra

Old 01-10-2009, 04:08 AM
secret-asian-man!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
club_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to all
Exclamation No Heat in Integra

i have a 1995 integra s/e with 172k, timing belt and water pump were done at100k.
well basicly what happens is that i can start it up in the morning and drive 15-20 mins to work and by the time i get to work it has very little if any heat. i figured a 10 min trip should heat the antifreeze up but i guess not.
also if im in a drive thru for long time, the car will begin to over heat and start dumping fluid in the overflow but..... it finally puts out warm air

any suggestions??
thanks
mile
Old 01-10-2009, 04:20 AM
Registered Member

Nebrido has disabled reputation
Default Re: No Heat in Integra

Maybe a sticky thermostat
Old 01-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Registered Member

klownh8er is on a distinguished road

er... this problem happened to me a while back.. the overheating issue at least. I think I had air in my system after my motor swap. Most honda guys use that funnel thing, or you can go buy a "no spill funnel" and get the air out of your system that way.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

EFchulo has disabled reputation

this happened to me not too long ago, it came to be my thermostat, but in some cases, water going back to the overflow is a sign of waterpump failure, but id start with the little things like the thermostat first
Old 01-10-2009, 11:01 AM
secret-asian-man!!

club_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to all

alright cool, hopefully it is the thermostat...dont feel like doing a w/p and timing belt yet :-/
Old 01-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

EFchulo has disabled reputation

yeah...i just changed my whole cooling system like about a month ago cause i was basically having your same problem, come to find out it was the thermostat, 2 days after i replaced the thermostat and had everything straight, i blew the head-gasket, so yeah, i hope you remedy your problem soon, GL man
Old 01-10-2009, 02:07 PM
secret-asian-man!!

yea man thanks for the advice. hope to work on it tomorrow :-D
Old 01-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

There is one way to find out for sure which it will not matter since you are going to change it any way. one thing I would do with the new thermostat I would put it in a pan with water and heat it up to make sure that it work correctly. I have bought some that were bad out of the box.

Also do you happen to have an aluminum radiator?

Last edited by wright; 01-10-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Asking another question
Old 01-12-2009, 04:04 AM
secret-asian-man!!

Originally Posted by wright
There is one way to find out for sure which it will not matter since you are going to change it any way. one thing I would do with the new thermostat I would put it in a pan with water and heat it up to make sure that it work correctly. I have bought some that were bad out of the box.

Also do you happen to have an aluminum radiator?

yea i may try that when i get a new one and no to the radiator
Old 01-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

what does your temp gauge read?

If it read normal, it's very likely that your heater core could be clogged with gunk, not allowing much coolant to flow through.

Quick Reply: No Heat in Integra