Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

newbie d15b7 build

Old 01-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
irocdude has disabled reputation
Default newbie d15b7 build

i am pretty new to the whole honda scene. i have rebuilt multiple small block chevys and been into domestic muscle since i was a kid and recently got a 95 eg hatch which has a d15b7 5spd and it is in need of a rebuild. also i want to turbo the single cam instead of doing a swap just to be different. my goals are a reliable driver with close to 300hp. i know i will need rods and i am not sure about the crank if it will hold up or if i need to source a forged crank if they even make one in a realistic price range. also i am a mechanic so doing the work is not an issue. any guidance would be appreciated. thanks.

d15b7,single cam,eg,hatch.95
Old 01-24-2010, 05:03 PM
TEAM VAJJ

Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime
Default Re: newbie d15b7 build

I know nothing about dingle cams.... Im sure you will get some help tho. GL w/ your project
Old 01-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

thanks i am gonna need all the help and luck i can get as i am new to hondas in general. again anything at all is very appreciated.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:07 PM
sohc only

1slow4dr has disabled reputation

u wud need to get a vtec head and some low compression pistons and a turbo
Old 01-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Blah Blah Blah

redhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these partsredhatch8u-up is infamous around these parts

Go to honda-tech, one of the sohc only forums, or try homemadeturbo.com. Most of the people here are complete assholes and will only harass you and give you useless information
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

send block to ramey built for sleeving (he will send it off), get vitara pistons, eagle rods. acl or king bearings, GE headstuds, zex turbo cam, adjustable cam gear, valves, springs and retainers (id go with skunk 2), some porting and polishing, a set of presicion 600-800cc injectors, a strong clutch, and some matt shue tuning and you will have a single cam beast.

edit*, turbo, all intercooler piping, downpipe, waste gate, oil feed and return lines, a few vacuum lines, blow off valve, intercooler.
TEAM VAJJ

Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime

Originally Posted by 1slow4dr
u wud need to get a vtec head and some low compression pistons and a turbo
lol. WOW. That was some serious help. Let me continue this.... IC piping, intercooler, oil feed lines, turbo mani, bov, yadda yadda. I think he knows the OBVIOUS!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:11 PM
sohc only

1slow4dr has disabled reputation

i have built my d16 lol and how no issues and i got acl bearing and try usein hondatech
Old 01-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

i also live in mass so taking it to someone in va is a little bit of a hike
Old 01-24-2010, 05:14 PM
TEAM VAJJ

Originally Posted by 1slow4dr
i have built my d16 lol and how no issues and i got acl bearing and try usein hondatech
WUT? I haz a trinbo hona an it b hela fas homie. lis'n to mi fo advize.

Quick Reply: newbie d15b7 build