Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

newbe

Old 12-01-2003, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
odufox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default newbe

Whats up guys...I'm new to the import world and looking for some help. I live in Norfolk VA, and was woundering if there are any local car clubs that I can get some modifacation help from. I have a 2001 civic ex coupe. Its stock......what an evil word. Im looking to start simple and get more techenical. I would like to start with my suspension and handeling. I purchased some 17 inch Focal rims from a friend. I dont know what to do next...go springs (eibach..??)...or some type of coilover (????). I want to be official......I love a car that can handel good so it's probably one of my personal most important development areas. If any one has some good ideas...set ups...please let me know. And if there is any one in hampton roads that can help......get with me.....
Old 12-01-2003, 06:44 PM
E for Engourged.

4BangerCivic has disabled reputation

i wish i had some info i could give you...you'll probably get some good replies in here but post in the auto-x forum maybe? im not sure but they're all on handeling...so i figured it'd be a good place to start
Old 12-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

hey man, good to see someone with a good first post. Welcome. as to your Qs. car clubs aren't necessarily the answer. research is your answer. once you have a good idea on the basics. then think about posting questions on setups. I will tell you that all of your questions have been addressed before on the site. just search a little. then ask some Qs. if you get stuck. as for help, but be prepared to get flamed. unfortuneately thats a rite of passage on this site.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Not_Blazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: newbe

Originally posted by odufox
I want to be official......
?????
Old 12-02-2003, 07:13 AM

odufox is an unknown quantity at this point

04_Blazin..........by "I want to be official" I mean I don't want to put cheep part on my car. Only "well known".... "good quality" parts........
Old 12-02-2003, 07:22 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

you can look at eibach springs, skunk2 coilovers, H&R springs, tein (if you have the money), etc....basically you get what you pay for. springs that cost 150/set are going to be shit compared to a $750 tein setup. if you get just springs or coilovers, make sure to get some good aftermarket struts. i highly recommend KYB AGX's. awesome struts for the price.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

if you have money, get the tein ss setup with the pillows gonna run 900 or so, but its worth it