Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

new to the honda game

Old 02-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cardshark99va is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new to the honda game

k i am getting a 89 crx hf this weekend
what should i be looking for for problems that are prone on this car besides rust and seized motors. are there any inherent wiring problems on the crx's?
should i run a cable tranny or a hydraulic tranny? is there any difference on gear ratios between the trannys? any and all help would be greatly be appreciated.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:24 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of
Default Re: new to the honda game

dont know where ya got seized motors from...its a honda ..they run forever (w/ proper maintenance) no real problems though that they are prone to, just driver seat tear,rear quarter panel rust, and climate control breaking/cracking.... hydro or cable tranny, well it makes a difference on what engine ya run, likewise ,what transmission....big difference in gear ratios, between gsr, LS, and type R...(if your goin to do a b series swap) if not, the crx si is by far the best on those...

ive owned 3 crx's 91 Si , 90 hf, and 89 dx...loved the Si the most

Last edited by SPAWN; 02-26-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

You should have just asked me since I am trading the crx to ya . I have been dealing with Honda's for a long time and know a thing or two about them.

For the crx you are going to want to run a cable tranny if you are staying d-series (just be easier to source out a cable d-series tranny). This is how the shifter assembly in the crx is setup. Between d-series trannies a si tranny will have shorter gears then all other trannies. Model below this tranny will have longer gears, which are better for gas mileage.

You do a hydro tranny in a crx but you need the conversion setup to run cable to hydro.

The car is wired for obd1 vtec, use to have a mini-me swap in it (d16 non vtec block with a d16 vtec head) So as far as wiring you should be good to go.

CRX's are very easy to work on.

Here is a link on how to run cable to hydro
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=650859
Old 02-27-2008, 12:43 PM
...pulls trailer!!!

TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8

Originally Posted by cardshark99va
k i am getting a 89 crx hf this weekend
what should i be looking for for problems that are prone on this car besides rust and seized motors. are there any inherent wiring problems on the crx's?
should i run a cable tranny or a hydraulic tranny? is there any difference on gear ratios between the trannys? any and all help would be greatly be appreciated.
the hf is famous for main relay failure and thats all you need to worry about........