Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

new to honda

Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
papatom has disabled reputation
Default new to honda

just bought my first honda tryin to get into it a little i want more power im used to a v6 and v8 its gotta 95 1.5 block wit 1.6 head wat should i do and where should i start
Old 04-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars
Default Re: new to honda

www.honda-tech.com
Old 04-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Im taking it its a d15b7 block with a d16z6 head. There are a number of things you could do for power,but you need to understand its a small motor,unless you go with forced induction you cant get much out of it.

First is first get a good flowing header and exhaust,remember to now go to big or you will be loosing more power than your making.Also a good intake,cold or short ram are mainly the only possibilities.Lastly get the ecu chipped and eitther tuned or a good base map,since your motor did not come like that from the factory.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

If you really plan on making more power I say you should get rid of your current engine, swap in a gsr and get this; https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...ight=Turbo+kit
Old 04-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Hondaswap.com
Old 04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

civichatch1 has disabled reputation

If you want to keep the motor, start with the simple things like intake and exhaust.....if not just invest in a swap
Old 04-28-2008, 03:14 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

DOHC...FTW...SOHC has a great start and thats all...no point staying sohc...oh and boost thats all IMO of course