Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Neptune RTP or Hondata S300?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:25 PM
do a da cha cha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SH-IZZLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Neptune RTP or Hondata S300?

Which do you prefer and why? It's going to be used on a g22 boosted. I was going towards hondata because im not to sure on how many people are good with neptune. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Neptune RTP or Hondata S300?

Neptune is a good program, and the bulk of the tuning is exactly the same no matter what software you use. There's not that many ways you can change a fuel map and set parameters. Don't feel too biased toward one or the other.
Either program would work fine for what you need; I would find a tuner that you feel good about and then ask them what they prefer and are comfortable with. It all boils down to the fact that the software isn't running in the ECU. The ECU doesn't care what software package made its program, it just wants a bunch of binary code to tell it what to do.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

They both run off of the same honda ecu code like Fabrik8 mentioned. Personally i'm a fan of neptune because they have great customer service. They both do just about the same stuff with the exception that hondata has the ability of PWM control for controlling an electronic solenoid for controlling boost. Although that feature should be out for neptune in the next few weeks. Also hondata has the ability of on board datalogging for when you dont have a laptop hooked up. Its not really a big deal to have unless this is a serious track car.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
do a da cha cha

SH-IZZLE is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks alot. Thats all I really needed to know. I think im going to go with neptune seeing as I was going to ask about you tuning the car when its done. And since you run it on you ex it shows that your comfortable with that program.