Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need turbo help

Old 09-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned
Default need turbo help

Hey I just got my first turbo set up here is the pic.

But I just wanted to know where the long braided line goes that connects to the left of the turbo on the top of the mani, and it has a tube on the bottom of the turbo I think is the drain tube but just need to make sure, and do I need to buy more lines for the oil return lines, and what goes to the top of the BOV. This is my first kit and I am really confused about the oil lines and where all the lines go could someone help me thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Layin Frame

dirty c has disabled reputation
Default Re: need turbo help

runs from the top of the turbo to where u take out the oil guage off the back of the block. or if u buy a sandwich plate to go behind the oil filter.Did u get a already tapped oil pan for the return line?
Old 09-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

schwenk can only hope to improve

You really need to do some reading...... www.homemadeturbo.com is your place for knowledge.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:46 PM
FL1PSDE 101

Fl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond reputeFl1pSde 101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steggun revned
Hey I just got my first turbo set up here is the pic.

But I just wanted to know where the long braided line goes that connects to the left of the turbo on the top of the mani, and it has a tube on the bottom of the turbo I think is the drain tube but just need to make sure, and do I need to buy more lines for the oil return lines, and what goes to the top of the BOV. This is my first kit and I am really confused about the oil lines and where all the lines go could someone help me thanks.
the long braided line is used and hooks up to your turbo oil feed side and the other side of the line goes to your oil pressure sending unit is located.u have to but the converter so u can have both installed and the line on the bottom of the turbo is for your oil return and connects to your oil pan...im guessing when u asked bout the blow off valve..r u reffering to the vacuum line connection?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:59 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

If you were local I'd show you in person.

Since you aren't listen to Flipside

BTW, please get tuned.

And nice car.

Welcome to the world of a Boosted Honda
Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

First thing you need to do is throw away that piece of shit FMU, its the blue round thing. Next the braided line goes to the oil sending unit which is underneath your intake manifold by your oilfilter. Like already said you will need an adapter so you can a T off it. The drain tube on the bottom of the turbo is the oil return line and you will need to have your oil pan taped for it. Your blow off valve hooks in with your vacume lines along with your wastegate, boost gauge, and boost controller if you have one.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:45 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Originally Posted by MP5
First thing you need to do is throw away that piece of shit FMU, its the blue round thing.
+ 1.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:25 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

Originally Posted by MP5
First thing you need to do is throw away that piece of shit FMU, its the blue round thing. Next the braided line goes to the oil sending unit which is underneath your intake manifold by your oilfilter. Like already said you will need an adapter so you can a T off it. The drain tube on the bottom of the turbo is the oil return line and you will need to have your oil pan taped for it. Your blow off valve hooks in with your vacume lines along with your wastegate, boost gauge, and boost controller if you have one.
when talking to precision turbo, they only reccomend using a sandwich plate.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:58 AM
︻╦╤─

DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk

Dont use a T fitting as most of them are brass and the added weight + vibration make them extremely prone to snapping off at the threads. To the OP, get yourself a Golden Eagle Mfg. oil sandwich:

http://www.accountwizard.com/clients...tem&itemid=340

Unsure if that link will work for you or not. Don't just slap a turbo on and be done with it, there is so much more that must be done to ensure you do not blow your engine/ring lands. I concur with ridding yourself of the FMU, it's stuck out like a sore thumb to me immediately after seeing the picture. Get yourself Crome or Hondata and get it tuned. Yes, you'll hear that alot, "get it tuned" and I would only hope you heed those words of wisdom.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned

Ok thanks guys I am located in manassas so if anyone is kinda close that wouldn't mind showing me or something I could give someone like 20 to help me and show me what i need and where everything will be hooked up at thanks PM me if so thanks alot for the help and i will get rid of the fmu lol

Quick Reply: need turbo help