Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need some serious help, have cash

Old 12-31-2004, 08:22 PM
S-T-F-U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brycerb Brycerb
Default need some serious help, have cash

I tried to do a mini-me head swap on my 95 civic cx. After i got the z6 head on the car wouldn't start. after 2 days i gave up and put the old cx head back on, but had to use the head gasket i tried to use for the mini-me swap( I know that you should do this, but all stores are closed) now my car dosen't run and I need it to work by monday, anyone out their willing to help, I have cash.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:47 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: need some serious help, have cash

where are you located?
Old 12-31-2004, 09:29 PM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb

i'm in smithfield. if you can help call me 218-4120 any time, it dosen't matter. i'm awake.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:39 AM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb

is no one out their going to give me any help? Has anyone done the swap? From what ive learned from people its supposed to be a straight swap, but i had a couple sensors on my cx that are not on the z6 head. any info would be nice.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:04 AM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb

never mind about the motor got it fixed but still need info on where the PCV valve is and the IAC valve is in a d16z6.

Last edited by Brycerb; 01-01-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

the pcv valve is attached to the intake manifold near the #3 runner, it's the black tube from the intake manifold that leads down to the back of the block. the PCV valve itself is the plastic piece that sits in the intake manifold. the IAC valve connects to the back of the intake manifold near the throttle body. there is one sensor that leads to it and 2 coolant lines.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:28 AM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb

on my 95 cx intake the PCV valve is right were it should be, but on my z6 intake their is no PCV valve in the intake or even a place for it. Also on my cx intake their is this sensor that bolts into the intake on the #1 runner it looks like some sort of temp sensor, but it also has the one that you said was the IAC (the one next to the TPS sensor with the 2 coolant lines and one plug) I've tried looking in my book but it mostly talks about testing and the pictures suck any help would be nice.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:31 AM
Bitches get Stitches

i know you are wrong about the pcv valve because i've had about 3 different z6 manifolds in my car from motor or head swaps and they PCV was always in the exact same place. if the sensor on the runner is white then thats probably an intake air temp. sensor. the IACV is the one near the throttle body on the back of the intake manifold for sure though.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
i know you are wrong about the pcv valve because i've had about 3 different z6 manifolds in my car from motor or head swaps and they PCV was always in the exact same place. if the sensor on the runner is white then thats probably an intake air temp. sensor. the IACV is the one near the throttle body on the back of the intake manifold for sure though.
Listen to him
Old 01-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Brycerb
on my 95 cx intake the PCV valve is right were it should be, but on my z6 intake their is no PCV valve in the intake or even a place for it. Also on my cx intake their is this sensor that bolts into the intake on the #1 runner it looks like some sort of temp sensor, but it also has the one that you said was the IAC (the one next to the TPS sensor with the 2 coolant lines and one plug) I've tried looking in my book but it mostly talks about testing and the pictures suck any help would be nice.
you will have 3 sensors on the intake manifold itself:
IAC- (on back w/ 2 coolant lines going to it and one pluge)
IAT- (white plug on runner)
EPV- ( evaporator purge valve, attached to the back of the manifold on the far right side. It has 2 vacuum lines runing to it,1 from the manifold to the sensor and then 1 from the sensor to the charcole canister)

The PCV system has one vacuum line coming from the black box under the intake manny running to the PCV valve itself, and then from the pcv to the vacuum port on the intake manifold.

The intake manifold should have a hole inbetween 2 of the runners, that is where you mount a PCV valve

Also the head is not a direct swap. You have to do a few things in order for it to work right. Do some research on it

Quick Reply: need some serious help, have cash