Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need some Nissan advice.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road
Default Need some Nissan advice.

I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima 3.5ltr. 90,000 miles. I have never had any trouble getting the car to start. My buddy yesterday backed into my car and busted the foglight and minor scratches. NOTHING BIG.

I get in my car later that evening and try to start it. The engine turns over and over but never fire's. As I turn ignition switch to the start position, I do notice that the security light illuminates and does not go off.

We have tried kiling the power to the car for several minutes, but no change. Is it possible where he hit it. It may have an inertia switch or maybe locked security due to the jar to the car? Anyone who may have any experience in this area please help.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need some Nissan advice.

Oh and for the record I have done a small bit of research on this problem and every website or forum has a different answer. So I'm just a bit confused.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

it's totaled now, i suggest getting something that is rwd next time.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

Replace the impact sensor and see if it solves your problem. Most impact systems will disable the fuel system.