Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need some help from you people able to pull off a dumped car with no problems!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN
Default Need some help from you people able to pull off a dumped car with no problems!!!

Well I just picked my integra up from Stock or Modified Bodyworks and put my wheels on (16x7 +38 Work Miesters). I adjusted the coilovers (Fortunes) and the car is low but def not near as low as I have seen guys pull off. I am running a 205/45/16 and with a decent amount of turning it rubs like crazy! It doesnt rub on the fender but sounds like its on the inside. My first thoughts were to remove the fender, see whats rubbing, and cut away! BUT I figured if there were any other suggestions or anyone that had the same thing happen before, I listening. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:07 PM
urmomsawhore

KillaBeezyB KillaBeezyB KillaBeezyB KillaBeezyB KillaBeezyB KillaBeezyB KillaBeezyB KillaBeezyB KillaBeezyB KillaBeezyB KillaBeezyB
Default Re: Need some help from you people able to pull off a dumped car with no problems!!!

id try to roll the fenders with a bat
Old 12-05-2009, 01:11 PM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN
Default Re: Need some help from you people able to pull off a dumped car with no problems!!!

Originally Posted by KillaBeezyB
id try to roll the fenders with a bat
i need someone with experience and you obviously have none. that fenders are rolled! not to mention id never go at any part of my car with a bad. If you read my whole post, ITS NOT RUBBING THE FENDER! its rubbing on the inside somewhere. kthx
Old 12-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Blowin' smoke.

tdi520 is a jewel in the roughtdi520 is a jewel in the roughtdi520 is a jewel in the rough

Easiest thing to do is either jack up the car or take the wheel of. Have a look where it's rubbing and go from there.

Taking the plastic lining out of the fender will help some, but you also need to be worried about the wiring harness that usually runs inside the fender well (people cut through it with tires all time time).
Old 12-05-2009, 01:15 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

No such thing as pulling off a dumped car with no problems unless you dont drive it.

You just deal with the problems by ignoring them until they clearance themselves.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by tdi520
Easiest thing to do is either jack up the car or take the wheel of. Have a look where it's rubbing and go from there.

Taking the plastic lining out of the fender will help some, but you also need to be worried about the wiring harness that usually runs inside the fender well (people cut through it with tires all time time).
well i dont have any plastic lining. sounds like maybe one of the "pinched" seams in there

Originally Posted by shawn22
No such thing as pulling off a dumped car with no problems unless you dont drive it.

You just deal with the problems by ignoring them until they clearance themselves.
There is such thing as dumping a car without it rubbing like this. Dont know if i just need to cut out whats rubbing, maybe run a more narrow tire, or shorter series sidewall, or a spacer or what. just looking for someone that has gone through this before
Old 12-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Break out the BFH. I have 16x7.5+35 225/45/16 and it used to rub inside the wheel well. #1, the deathseam- that will KILL your tires, beat the flat (Take out fender liners lolol). Look for shiney metal for rubbage, beat with hammer ????????????????? profit;
Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably the fender lining. I have rubbed one gash in mine so far and it still makes noise sometimes when turning. I would say I'm low but not dumped:

Shitty cell pic.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Break out the BFH. I have 16x7.5+35 225/45/16 and it used to rub inside the wheel well. #1, the deathseam- that will KILL your tires, beat the flat (Take out fender liners lolol). Look for shiney metal for rubbage, beat with hammer ????????????????? profit;
sounds like thats what i will have to do. thank you
Old 12-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

picks of the said dumped car