Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need s3 SRT4 help x430

Old 09-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach5Stage3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Need s3 SRT4 help x430

Other than you driving the car its hard put into words what its doing but here goes studders on half to WOT the higher the dab the worse it gets WOT no accel no power just noise lol (cries). Vac lines, spark plug wires, plugs an gap good, one bad o2 but thats not the reason trust me its the last one. Mods full stage 3 w/toys port n polished head, ti springs/ retainers bc s3 cams/ fidanza cam gears, oversized valves 1mm. should i just go after market bov/ wastegate? plugs are at .040 not going lower they feel right could it be the nah dont think its the clutch? Cam gears is another Question....many a diff settings blow 0/0, 1/1, ex -2/in +2/+3 sucks bad well....bad thats the setting right now cause im gonna need new screws. Yes everything else is all mopar stage3 fuel pump, maps, pcm etc.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:46 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Re: Need s3 SRT4 help x430

you SURE its not your wires? I had that happen to me multiple times on my stock turbo srt. It felt like the car was stumbling, no power....
Old 09-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Sounds like a sensor calibration problem, or a bad MAF/MAP sensor. The PCM just does what it's told, so if you give it bad sensor data, it will give you bad control outputs accordingly. Have you checked the TPS calibration and that the manifold pressure is in the right range at idle?
Did it just start doing this or has it always done that since the stage3 upgrade or the last time you modified something?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Sounds like a sensor calibration problem, or a bad MAF/MAP sensor. The PCM just does what it's told, so if you give it bad sensor data, it will give you bad control outputs accordingly. Have you checked the TPS calibration and that the manifold pressure is in the right range at idle?
Did it just start doing this or has it always done that since the stage3 upgrade or the last time you modified something?
The TPS sensor wires are shit.Dodge screwed up when they routed the wires and didnt make them long enough,mine acted a couple of different ways when the TPS wires would get loose/break. It also took a while for a CEL light to come on.It appears to be a sensor problem like Fabrik said.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

Try resetting the computer
Old 09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Indeed

BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX

Originally Posted by bluesrt2004
The TPS sensor wires are shit.Dodge screwed up when they routed the wires and didnt make them long enough,mine acted a couple of different ways when the TPS wires would get loose/break. It also took a while for a CEL light to come on.It appears to be a sensor problem like Fabrik said.
Yup, the way he's describing it sounds like what my SRT was doing when the TPS wire came loose.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:59 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

eh....my tps wires acted funny too, but not quite like that. dodge replaced mine, the car liked to give itself throttle, and the throttle would sometimes stick, and sometimes the car wouldnt run, but not anything like what youre describing.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

Mach5Stage3 is an unknown quantity at this point

well it has gone ta shit! its a 1st now its puttering loss all go go juice on the road in fact it was just coasting to a stop, so i went to a parts store before they closed, picked up some new plug wires so now it putters or surges ill look into the tps in the morn maybe ill get lucky an they have one oh almost forgot...... they turbos burnin hot not hawt but HOT! can it get any worse!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:13 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

Originally Posted by Mach5Stage3
well it has gone ta shit! its a 1st now its puttering loss all go go juice on the road in fact it was just coasting to a stop, so i went to a parts store before they closed, picked up some new plug wires so now it putters or surges ill look into the tps in the morn maybe ill get lucky an they have one oh almost forgot...... they turbos burnin hot not hawt but HOT! can it get any worse!
soo, you did put new plug wires on? cause i have no idea what you just said.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Mach5Stage3
they turbos burnin hot not hawt but HOT! can it get any worse!
Still sounds like a sensor problem. Your turbo being that hot will be from one of two things usually:
Either the A/F ratio is not right, so your EGT is too high, or the ignition timing is too retarded, making a mild version of anti-lag because the combustion is happening so close to the exhaust valve opening.