Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help with wheels

Old 04-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94.del.sol has disabled reputation
Default need help with wheels

I'm looking into getting the xxr 513's for my sol. I know they wont fit right but what all will I need to fix this? Camber kit? Or if anyone knows any other good deep dish wheels hit me up!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Mr. Fixit

da93teg has disabled reputation
Default Re: need help with wheels

it all depends on the offsett of the wheel +15 or higher youll be fine any lower and youll need some fender rolling and alot of camber
Old 04-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by da93teg
it all depends on the offsett of the wheel +15 or higher youll be fine any lower and youll need some fender rolling and alot of camber
There's no way you can say that.

It depends on the wheel width, because offset says absolutely nothing about the width. Offset and width are completely separate things, and they both affect fender clearance. For example, a 6 inch wide wheel with a +15 offset and an 8 inch wide wheel with +15 offset are obviously going to be about an inch different in fender clearance, and both wheels have exactly the same offset. So you need to know BOTH the offset and the width to find out if they'll fit.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Just to clarify, offset is the distance from the center of the wheel. How far you are from the center of the wheel doesn't give you any information about how wide the wheel is. That's why offset by itself is completely useless.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Layin Frame

dirty c has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Just to clarify, offset is the distance from the center of the wheel. How far you are from the center of the wheel doesn't give you any information about how wide the wheel is. That's why offset by itself is completely useless.

It depends on the wheel width, because offset says absolutely nothing about the width. Offset and width are completely separate things, and they both affect fender clearance. For example, a 6 inch wide wheel with a +15 offset and an 8 inch wide wheel with +15 offset are obviously going to be about an inch different in fender clearance, and both wheels have exactly the same offset. So you need to know BOTH the offset and the width to find out if they'll fit.

give him you're exact wheel specs and he will help you.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Mr. Fixit

da93teg has disabled reputation

YEA you're right i completely forgot about wheel width in my reply
wheel specs would be helpful info

Old 04-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt

i thought the 513's came in 7" & 8" widths. the 7" one has a +15 offset while the 8" one has a 0 offset. the +15 will fit nicely with some fender rolling. in order to tuck the 8" one you'd need to add some camber.

also, dont just be thinking about rims. tire choice is important as well.