Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need Help Timing JDM B20B...

Old 03-21-2009, 03:39 PM
:Uses Ninja-Focus:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath
Exclamation Need Help Timing JDM B20B...

JDM B20B.. yes new thread..

Ok so ever since my accident and the bent throttle body butterfly i've gone through hell and back trying to get it running right again.

-Still sputters and (misses?) when held at steady RPMS
-Idles @ 1500rpm
-Can't get the timing right, buy hand or with w timing light.
-Someone mentioned it could be my Dizzy has internal damage from the wreck.. the ignitor or sum shit??

Anyone have any pics of TDC on a b-series or any honda motor.. and are the little dash marks on the cam gears supposed to be linear with one another? My cam gears are in the "up" position but the little dash marks aren't lined up.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:41 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Need Help Timing JDM B20B...

Pm Hatch Man(GsR) he is a Honda guru,
Old 03-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay
Default Re: Need Help Timing JDM B20B...

To check the timing belt make sure the motor is TDC. Line up the mark on the crank pulley (the single one by itself not the three in a row) up with the plastic notch that sticks out on the timing cover. Now line the cam gears up with the up facing up and the notches lined up with each other on the inside and the notches on the out side lined up with the top of the head (where the valve cover sits) and put the belt on. Hopefully that makes since im a bit tipsey and going off memory lol