Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help on this one

Old 04-08-2009, 05:36 PM
h22 POWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd
Default need help on this one

I am debating on either doing ls/vtec or just boost the ls. I have bosted my old gsr hatch, it was fun.

but have never done ls/vtec and seen one in a car that was done well. (meaning right and tuned, same i would do)

but can't decide which one would be better to play with. Any suggestions would help.(EXCEPT BULLSHIT ONES OF COURSE)

It's in my 1992 hatch, and i still have a/c and p/s in it and i am keeping it in their. So would you suggest ls/vtec be good and reliable and cheaper then boostin it and trying to obtain a/c and p/s still?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:41 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: need help on this one

http://www.zealautowerks.com/bseries.html

this site will help you pick out the best set-up....

go high compression all motor.....i have done it twice and had great results, Pm me if you want full details on the set-ups, i love doing all motor builds....
Old 04-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay

If it was me... Id boost the ls so much more fun imo
Old 04-09-2009, 03:06 AM
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

i just can't make up my mind.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Are you rebuilding the block? If not maybe you should decide whether the motor could even handle FI.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:11 AM
h22 POWA

i am going to build a spare long block on the side. why i was asking how reliable is ls/vtec on a stock ls block.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:12 AM
h22 POWA

And if you are saying FI(meaning forced induction) stock ls can handle 7-10pound on a good tune. i don't abuse my vehicles. my gsr lasted me along time and still never blew, guy who bought it still has it
Old 04-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay

Boost it. Its not going to be as fun if your only revving the ls vtec to 7200 esp with an ls trans, its still going to feel like a turd. Stock can handle a bit more if the tune is on point. Friend of mine made 300whp on a 100% stock ls on 14psi but i wouldnt reccomend running 14psi everyday
Old 04-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

it's cheaper to boost it. So there is your answer, unless you go big boost, then you have to work on the block anyway.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

weldmatic has disabled reputation
Re: need help on this one

boost is definately more fun.

my buddys got ls vtec...... and isnt happy with it. fully tuned and swapped at ccc. 100% professional. His car is quick. sounds mean but its just not like a turbo.

I had a turbo ls in my da and it was alot of fun. def get it tuned. i didnt as i had a budget pieced together kit. which still would wipe dukies on the lsvtec with the juggernaut driving.

my two cents..... boost