Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help on honda b series swap

Old 09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
arm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these parts
Default need help on honda b series swap

so im doin a swap on a 2000 civic coupe ex, from what i know it had a d16y8 in it and im puttin a gsr in it. everything was going along as planned but now it has come to a halt with the distributor. we picked up a 2000 si dizzy but the plug is a fat one and the plug is different on the y8 harness but my brother has a si and it is the fat plug on it jus like the dizzy we purchased im stuck on what im supposed to do now do i cut the wires and try to figure it out like that or what? and if i do that im still left wit the ground and the blue wire not plugged into anything...

i need help plz i gotta get this ccar on the road
Old 09-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong
Default Re: need help on honda b series swap

Give up on the honda's and focus on your evo lol
Old 09-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

arm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these partsarm&hammer is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by cherrod8
Give up on the honda's and focus on your evo lol
i would but this is the motor i sold and he wants to finish it already and i wanna see it run again that thing was a beast man i gotta see it runnin
Old 09-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

I feel you on that, too bad I don't know anything about honda. I just found out what "dizzy" means a couple weeks ago. Get a mod to move this to the tech section.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

i thought it was in the right section
Old 09-22-2010, 04:24 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

can you locate a dizzy jumper harness?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by boredom
can you locate a dizzy jumper harness?
what do u mean by that?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:33 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

ive seen them as cheap as $25 and a local shop should be able/willing to price match. what year did the gsr motor come out of?

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-D...P1881C320.aspx
Old 09-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

vtecallday has disabled reputation

or you can just cut the harness on the single-cam dizzy and put it on the new one... see if the wires color match 1st before you do any cutting...
Old 09-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

the problem is that the guy who was supposed to do his ls swap took aa bunch of stuff including the single cam dizzy so im left with not a lot to play with i already thought about that one.

Quick Reply: need help on honda b series swap