Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need help fixing brake problems

Old 09-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pimpingreen13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Need help fixing brake problems

Hey whats up I got brake problems on my car and I was trying to figure out if somebody could help me out. I got a 95 Integra ls and when I came back from vacation my brakes started acting funny. The brake pedal goes to the floor if you hold it lightly and if you slam it the front brakes lock up. I changed all the brakes recently and bled the brakes also but it still does it. also my abs unit makes a funny noise when I start the car up. E brake works fine, but my regular brakes dont. also my abs light is on but it was on since I bought the car but the brakes were workin fine untill about 2 months ago. any help would be appreciated. thanks ahead of time.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85
Default Re: Need help fixing brake problems

Sounds like a master brake cylinder. That was what it was doing on my car and I had to replace the cylinder. It wasent that hard to do took about 2 hours or less cant remember. Also might want to check if its your power booster. Hope you find out what it is cuz bad brakes suck.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:00 PM
CustomGSR

kaltares is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pimpingreen13
Hey whats up I got brake problems on my car and I was trying to figure out if somebody could help me out. I got a 95 Integra ls and when I came back from vacation my brakes started acting funny. The brake pedal goes to the floor if you hold it lightly and if you slam it the front brakes lock up. I changed all the brakes recently and bled the brakes also but it still does it. also my abs unit makes a funny noise when I start the car up. E brake works fine, but my regular brakes dont. also my abs light is on but it was on since I bought the car but the brakes were workin fine untill about 2 months ago. any help would be appreciated. thanks ahead of time.
THE noise that you have when you start is coming from the abs unit in the engine bay. You need to check the fluid level in it. It takes brake fluid. I had the same thing happen on my car. Check that out and let me know.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

yeah the noise does com for the unit but the fluid level is full. already checked it and it still does it.
Originally Posted by kaltares
THE noise that you have when you start is coming from the abs unit in the engine bay. You need to check the fluid level in it. It takes brake fluid. I had the same thing happen on my car. Check that out and let me know.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

I agree...master cylinder.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:14 AM
drive hard or walk

Drastic1 is an unknown quantity at this point

inspect master cylinder. and here's an easy check for the booster. pump brakes with the car off and hold the pedal down. start the car if the pedal drops slightly it's straight.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Banned

LoudConcepts is an unknown quantity at this point

the plungers in the master cylinder are probably torn, it happened to me and I replaced with a new one in about 20 min.
First you wanna loosen the brake lines the the 2-12mm bolts holding the BMC on the firewall. Then fill your new BMC with fluid and prime by pushing the engagment rod in and out untill fluid comes out where the lines bolt in. Then remove old BMC and replace as fast as possible. Aftyer it is all installed bleed the BMC by loosening the bleeder valve on the side of BMC!!! The you should be good to smash the brakes!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

after what he said , you need to bleed all your brakes again , starting furthest wheel from the master , so start on pass rear and bleed your way up to the master.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

cool Ill try that whenever I get time cause my brakes suck right now. how long does it ussually take to change the master cylinder?
Originally Posted by PoS hYbRiD
after what he said , you need to bleed all your brakes again , starting furthest wheel from the master , so start on pass rear and bleed your way up to the master.

Last edited by pimpingreen13; 09-08-2004 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam

Originally Posted by pimpingreen13
cool Ill try that whenever I get time cause my brakes suck right now. how lond does it ussually take to change the master cylinder?
2 bolts and 2 brake lines....make sure you use a line wrench so you don't strip them. If you want some help pm me.

Quick Reply: Need help fixing brake problems