Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help with finishing touches on 99 civic

Old 05-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt
Default need help with finishing touches on 99 civic

hey everyone I have a 99 civic si that had everything off of it, I put the b16 in my hatch and the d16 in the si
(long story) anyway my wife decided she wanted it instead of her vw jetta i have everything together and I have a few small problems I need help with

first off when I was bleeding the brake the driver side rear brake had fluid coming out of it but the pedal would not go down to the floor when I cracked the bleeder.

Also I have an idle issue where only when the car is at operating temp it will surge from 1k to 1800 repeatedly, and the radiator fan will not come on, I did jump the plug and the fan came on so Im thinking its the thermoswitch possibly. the motor is a d16y7 out of a 97 hb and i used the ecu that came with it and a conversion harness I had to rewire the iacv because the harness was wired for a 2 wire. the only code I have is for the eld P1298 and a random code for the secondary o2 sensor which I believe is a wiring issue because I have an ex harness and the si harness has the 2nd o2 plug on the frame.

Lastly Im having some road noise when driving and a metallic grinding sound when turning (im thinking maby the dust shields but there not touching the rotors. the road noise is the same at any speed, I know my isb was going bad when I had it in my hb but I wasent making this kinda noise. It has new axles and a new passenger side lower control arm because the old one was bent, also replaced the lower ball joints and the tie rod ends and had a four wheel alignment, I have a printout of before and after if that helps...

Any help is much appreciated thanks everyone