Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need Help! B16A swap wont run!

Old 04-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZcDoHcSi has disabled reputation
Default Need Help! B16A swap wont run!

I recently bought a 1990 Honda Civic dx hatch with a B16A swap. The car ran fine for about 3 maybe 4 hours then had to get towed home by a friends crx. While driving it I noticed every time I brought it down to idle it would try to bog out but manged to keep it running with a little throttle. I've changed the fuel pump, checked injectors, and it has a new fuel filter. I checked to see if it jumped timing but it didn't. New plugs and wires. The distributor that's on it reads TD-23U but i was told its the wrong one for the motor. Car ran fine with it but i would like to figure out the right one for this motor?? ECU=PWO.
Help on this issue would be awesome so let me know what you come up with. Mean time I'm still searching blindfolded for the problem.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Need Help! B16A swap wont run!

its prob the dizzy
Old 04-07-2011, 03:22 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by ZcDoHcSi
I recently bought a 1990 Honda Civic dx hatch with a B16A swap. The car ran fine for about 3 maybe 4 hours then had to get towed home by a friends crx. While driving it I noticed every time I brought it down to idle it would try to bog out but manged to keep it running with a little throttle. I've changed the fuel pump, checked injectors, and it has a new fuel filter. I checked to see if it jumped timing but it didn't. New plugs and wires. The distributor that's on it reads TD-23U but i was told its the wrong one for the motor. Car ran fine with it but i would like to figure out the right one for this motor?? ECU=PWO.
Help on this issue would be awesome so let me know what you come up with. Mean time I'm still searching blindfolded for the problem.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:29 AM
Registered Member

ZcDoHcSi has disabled reputation

Car only runs when on incline hills and fuel pump barley feeds fuel. What could be my issue?? car has half a tank of 93.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

change fuel filter.....or bypass it to see if pressure goes up... check voltage to fuelpump...check fp relay.

Last edited by aacjohnc; 04-19-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

MAybe the fuel pump. If the pump is working but barely has pressure it has power. A filter would run it would just be a little harder to stop.