Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help asap!!!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts
Default need help asap!!!!!!!!

k i have a 89 crx si and the back driver side wheel bearing is bad i want to know if a dx or hf will work since its a drum set up let me know asap i need to know
Old 05-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need help asap!!!!!!!!

Do you have Rear Disc's or Drums? Pretty much anything from the same gen CRX chassis is interchangeable.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts

its drum so it will work from any year
Old 05-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yeah im like 99% positive that all the wheel bearings are the same front/rear for similiar models (crx/civic/teg)
Old 05-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

ya buts its a rear drum so i have to get the hole thing
Old 05-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

no you dont...

remove the drum, take the shoes off, unbolt the backer plate, then remove the knuckle part like on the front...it's not that difficult....
Old 05-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
no you dont...

remove the drum, take the shoes off, unbolt the backer plate, then remove the knuckle part like on the front...it's not that difficult....
+1 for good info. Done the same thing on..my...second crx. It doesn't take that long either.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

do yall know any one that has one of these for sale i need one asap i have cash in hand
Old 05-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to do the whole hub on mine also. Not sure if you can get just the bearing. Will be much easier if you do the whole hub. If you decide to change just the bearing you will have to eithe beat or press the hub part out, then beat or press the bearing out. Depending on how bad the bearing it, you will probably still have a piece of it on the hub. You will need a cut wheel to cut a relief cut into the piece remaining, the beat it with a hammer and chizzle. I just did front wheel bearing on an ef last weekend and that is what was need to be done. Like I said, much easier to just replac ethe whole assembly.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

ya thats what i planed on doing but i need to find one so if any one has one for sell let me know k thanks

Quick Reply: need help asap!!!!!!!!