Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help

Old 12-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAGOHO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help

Ok so got new turbo set up on car. But it will not build boost only gets the boost gauge to zero. The waste gate is ok all line hose and charge pipes r 100%. only thing im not 100% on is its water cooled but we didnt hook the water cooled up just the oil. on the flange to the down pipe at the top seems to have a leak or something. I was seeing a lil build up on the top of what looked to be oil but seem to have a feel of water. need help the turbo is working u hear it spool but there is no pwr behind it
Old 12-18-2003, 07:01 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you really should have hooked the water coolant line up if it is a water cooled turbo............check your i/c pipes,maybe you blew one off.........also if you see oil coming out by the downpipe you might have a blown center cartridge.........
Old 12-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

the i c piping is all good but im not sure if its oil thats coming out but i did notice two small pin holes in the manifold and the exhauste is smoken bad if u drive it a few blocks
Old 12-18-2003, 07:31 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

youll still make boost if your manifold has cracks in it, it still get enough exhaust to make boost unless its just not even making it to the turbine cause the holes so big and exhaust is escaping completely through the holes, are you sure about the wastegate, it sounds to me that your wastegate is staying open not allowing boost to go to the motor, its dumping everything, id double check, is the wastegate internal or external, used or new ?.........
Old 12-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

external used i checked the waste gate and took it apart and the diaphram is ok no holes or cracks turbonetics set for 7psi. the turbo was internaly waste gated but they welded the opening on the turbo so dont know?
Old 12-18-2003, 08:33 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Originally posted by BAGOHO
external used i checked the waste gate and took it apart and the diaphram is ok no holes or cracks turbonetics set for 7psi. the turbo was internaly waste gated but they welded the opening on the turbo so dont know?

dont know what to tell you if the wastegate is functioning properly, but not having the water coolant line could be a part of the problem, it was designed that way for a reason maybe its getting to hot to create efficient boost, and id double check that weld from the old internal wastegate, and also the exhaust housing has the bolt threads running through into the wastegate section so if all your downpipe bolts arent in, it could be acting as an open wastegate, this problem occured on my friends car, welded the bolt hole and the problem went away, good luck dude..........
Old 12-20-2003, 08:17 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

sounds like a MAJOR boost leak to me, do you have everything hooked up right?
Old 12-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Reppin'

Attrayant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by zappas
sounds like a MAJOR boost leak to me, do you have everything hooked up right?
Old 12-21-2003, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

well got everything back off the car the exhaust side is soaked with oil so the seal is fed up and the wheel still has no play so not 100% sure why no boost still but it should still boost if the seal is bad i thought