Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help with 240

Old 09-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
screwd013 has disabled reputation
Default need help with 240

2 days ago i was driving to work and my car ran fine, then as soon as i pulled into the parking lot it started driving really rough. anytime i would accelerate it would bog down.

after work i started it up and took a look and the motor was shaking. i figured that perhaps my spark plugs or wires were just old and needed to be replaced so i did but still runs the same. thought about that it wasnt making a good connection so i pulled them while the car was running and when i pulled the wire for the #1 cylinder the car would idle the same instead of stalling out

any ideas im new to 240s
btw its a 91' dohc
Old 09-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell
Default Re: need help with 240

bad valve? maybe bad cap more than likely bad valve or bad rings.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

distributor or distributor rotor?
Old 09-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

hoe may miles are on the motor and what Kind of mods does the motor have? Might be a bad injector actually! I have seen that many people with nissans (sence they changed the gas to ethinol) have been having problems with injectors crapping out.

I haven't had any problems with my injectors in my 240 yet.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Uh_Dave
hoe may miles are on the motor and what Kind of mods does the motor have? Might be a bad injector actually! I have seen that many people with nissans (sence they changed the gas to ethinol) have been having problems with injectors crapping out.

I haven't had any problems with my injectors in my 240 yet.
180xxx
my uncle showed me a way to check injectors by putting a screw driver to it then placing ur ear to the other end and listen for it clicking. i did that and they all seemed to be working, but im not really sure if that method is reliable

Last edited by screwd013; 09-14-2006 at 08:16 AM. Reason: left out info
Old 09-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

heres a thread about the injector proublem: https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/nissan-doodz-look-here-155980/
Old 09-14-2006, 08:18 AM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

Originally Posted by screwd013
2 days ago i was driving to work and my car ran fine, then as soon as i pulled into the parking lot it started driving really rough. anytime i would accelerate it would bog down.

after work i started it up and took a look and the motor was shaking. i figured that perhaps my spark plugs or wires were just old and needed to be replaced so i did but still runs the same. thought about that it wasnt making a good connection so i pulled them while the car was running and when i pulled the wire for the #1 cylinder the car would idle the same instead of stalling out

any ideas im new to 240s
btw its a 91' dohc
if you pulled the wire out of cylinder #1 and it didn't change, doesn't that mean you need to change the #1 spark plug?

you should pull that plug and take a look at it. might be a chipped ceramic housing. or to check you wires- swap your #1 wire with another of your cylinders to check its integrity- not like the car is gonna run different without that #1 right?
Old 09-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DerekBaker
heres a thread about the injector proublem: https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155980
thanks very helpful
Old 09-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by crxnfx
if you pulled the wire out of cylinder #1 and it didn't change, doesn't that mean you need to change the #1 spark plug?

you should pull that plug and take a look at it. might be a chipped ceramic housing. or to check you wires- swap your #1 wire with another of your cylinders to check its integrity- not like the car is gonna run different without that #1 right?
sry i forgot to mention i replace the plugs and wires that day
Old 09-14-2006, 08:42 AM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

kk