Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need Engine swap Ideas !

Old 07-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dorydorydriftin has disabled reputation
Default Need Engine swap Ideas !

Got a 1984 mazda b2000. I know almost any engine will fit in their but which one is the most economical, practical, and requires less work.

*** no mazda rotary engines ***

I was thinking since ford makes/made mazda (dunno if still do) a 351 might be the easyest thing to do.

Please provide input, Never done an engine swap and im not trying to have to change drive shaft lenghts, rear ends, universals or anything. Engine in truck right now is a 4 cyclinder (2.0). Has room to fit decently big V8"S

need help and if you have any engines laying around pm me.

Thanks, Kevin
Old 07-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

757-A_V_8_R has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need Engine swap Ideas !

F2t (first gen mx6 gt/ford probe gt) 150hp/190tq stock. 300+ for well under $1000.That would be a cool and easy swap. Or a FE3 (160hp stock), which is a great engine to turbo. The Fe3 was used in the euro/jdm capella(aka mx6), but is readily available in the rwd layout that mazda let kia use in the spotages. But from the sound of the 351 you may not be interested in a 4 banger, But I was thinking power and MPG.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

dam thanks, sounds like your a mazda man lol. So your saying basically any engine outa a mx-6 or probe gt should fit, with few modifications, Correct me if im wrong but isnt a mx-6 a 4 banger and a probe gt a 6cyl ?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Shift_N/a

Matt64246 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dorydorydriftin
dam thanks, sounds like your a mazda man lol. So your saying basically any engine outa a mx-6 or probe gt should fit, with few modifications, Correct me if im wrong but isnt a mx-6 a 4 banger and a probe gt a 6cyl ?
Im pretty sure the MX-6 and the Probe GT shared the same 2.5l V6(164hp). then there's also the jdm mazda KLZE 2.5l (192hp)
Old 07-07-2007, 09:26 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by dorydorydriftin
Got a 1984 mazda b2000. I know almost any engine will fit in their but which one is the most economical, practical, and requires less work.

*** no mazda rotary engines ***

I was thinking since ford makes/made mazda (dunno if still do) a 351 might be the easyest thing to do.

Please provide input, Never done an engine swap and im not trying to have to change drive shaft lenghts, rear ends, universals or anything. Engine in truck right now is a 4 cyclinder (2.0). Has room to fit decently big V8"S

need help and if you have any engines laying around pm me.

Thanks, Kevin
No swap into that tiny truck is going to be practical. if you put a ford 351 you're going to have to replace the rear end and drive shaft because that tiny rear end isn't going to handle the power and the drive shaft isn't going to match up. this isn't going to be drop in the motor and drive away all in the same day, it's goin to take time and effort you know.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

ohh yea I know it will, If i buy an engine for 500$ plan on anouther 1000$ for misc. parts, rear ends, etc.. So I know what im looking to get into and thats why I was asking for some opions on engines to help save time and money.