Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need b series swap help

Old 03-20-2005, 07:20 AM
I'M BACK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PRO-Habit
Default need b series swap help

im putting a obd1 jdm b16 into my Ek. Im having some trouble because on my obd2 wiring harness i only have one plug for the dizzy and the obd1 b16 dizzy has 2 plugs. Also the plug for the altenator is different. Another thing im questioning is the fact that the TB doesnt have a map sensor on it. I just need some info....never done this swap before.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:58 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need b series swap help

You picked a tough swap if this is your first. For the dizzy, you need to find some obdII plugs to swap onto the dizzy and then it will be plug and play. Just solder the plugs on, and away you go. For the altenator, do the same (swap plugs) or go buy an obdII alt. For the map, just use a different throttle body with the OBDII map on it.

Good luck
Old 03-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: need b series swap help

i figured you would've researched the swap before you did it. to make it easiest you should have at least an obd2 d16y8 harness, obd2 dizzy/ecu/inj/alt. and as far as the TB not having an alternator, are you sure it's obd1? because the obd0 b16's came w/ a vacuum map or whatever so they didnt have a standard eletronic map sensor on them..