Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need assistance with very loud truck noise.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
William56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need assistance with very loud truck noise.

I have a 2000 GMC Sonoma 4 X 4. I have very loud noise coming from under my truck. Seems to be coming from around the right wheel. It sounds like road sing. I have been given three suggestions so far.

1. I need an alignment done.
2. It's the tires.
3. My hub and bearing is bad.

If its the Hub and bearing is there any way I can be sure thats the problem? Would there be any test I could perform? I'd like to take it in to a garage, but things like free estimates are a thing of the past. In addition, I have found out that this repair can be very expensive. I'd like to find a way to get a blowup of the problem. I am open to suggestions. Please assist.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:56 PM
corona connessuer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: Need assistance with very loud truck noise.

Originally Posted by William56
I have a 2000 GMC Sonoma 4 X 4. I have very loud noise coming from under my truck. Seems to be coming from around the right wheel. It sounds like road sing. I have been given three suggestions so far.

1. I need an alignment done.
2. It's the tires.
3. My hub and bearing is bad.

If its the Hub and bearing is there any way I can be sure thats the problem? Would there be any test I could perform? I'd like to take it in to a garage, but things like free estimates are a thing of the past. In addition, I have found out that this repair can be very expensive. I'd like to find a way to get a blowup of the problem. I am open to suggestions. Please assist.
im assuming that its coming from the front? if so then yes you have a bad wheel bearing/ hub assembly. you can get them at autozone/advance/pepboys, ect....they are generally between $150-$200 and are fairly easy to replace. good luck