Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

My clutch sticks to the floor

Old 11-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nazir1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My clutch sticks to the floor

the other day i was driving and i shifted and the clutch just stuck to the floor. i had to put my foot underneath it and pull it up. its the first time that it has happend and it hasnt happend again since but i wanna get rid of the problem before it gets worst....any advice?
Old 11-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: My clutch sticks to the floor

The clutch is supposed to go in the engine, not in the car.

You likely have a clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder problem. Usually they get worn seals and need to be replaced. I can't remember how to narrow it down to one or the other, but someone will reply with that.

It's also possible that you are low on fluid or your clutch system needs to be bled, which could be the case if it only happened once. Bleed the system and see what happens; it's always cheaper to try that first before replacing the master or slave cylinder and that may be your only problem.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:21 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

Yessir, assuming you have a hydrolic clutch system...

You definately have air in the system one way or another.

To check your slave cylinder, unbolt it and remove the boot from the end, if there is any fluid inside the boot you have a bad slave cylinder..

Also, check under the dash to see if you have any fluid coming from your clutch master cylinder around the rod.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

brandon.beene can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
The clutch is supposed to go in the engine, not in the car.

You likely have a clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder problem. Usually they get worn seals and need to be replaced. I can't remember how to narrow it down to one or the other, but someone will reply with that.

It's also possible that you are low on fluid or your clutch system needs to be bled, which could be the case if it only happened once. Bleed the system and see what happens; it's always cheaper to try that first before replacing the master or slave cylinder and that may be your only problem.
I had the same problem, It was kinda funny at the time, but i just had to replace the clutch master cylinder and it worked just fine
Old 12-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

low vr6 has disabled reputation
Re: My clutch sticks to the floor

if anything try bleeding the clutch first....then of course ^ they nailed it on the head
Old 12-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

wierdguy75 has disabled reputation

Check the fluid, if thats not it you may need a clutchplate and all, we just did one in my boys 350z and his did the same thing. It usually happens if you ride the clutch too much.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
IM BACK BITCH"S

droptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to all

assuming that the cars most likely older i would just swap both when im at it.... cheack the fluid 2 and swap it out when your at it
Old 12-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

EF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to all

clutch 101
1. check fluid
2. check for leaks near slave cylinder on the trans and the clutch master cylinder rod which is connected to the clutch pedal.
3.if no leaks found bleed the clutch system.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

Originally Posted by wierdguy75
Check the fluid, if thats not it you may need a clutchplate and all, we just did one in my boys 350z and his did the same thing. It usually happens if you ride the clutch too much.
that's pretty shitty info
Old 12-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by wierdguy75
A bad clutch plate wouldn't cause the clutch pedal to stay on the floor. You'd still have return pressure from the hydraulic system acting on the pressure plate.

Quick Reply: My clutch sticks to the floor