Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

my car is bogging again, but .....................

Old 10-22-2008, 06:19 PM
10th planet student

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSX240 has disabled reputation
Default my car is bogging again, but .....................

ok so my SR is bogging again. it jerks when i try to accelerate. the one thing that leads me to believe is my tps sensor, its that when i depress the cluch, my idle either stays or it rises by about 400-500 rpms. the car sorta backfires too. like lil tiny back fires that you barely notice.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered member

jorge1190 has disabled reputation
Default Re: my car is bogging again, but .....................

unplug your maf and see if it does it
Old 10-22-2008, 07:35 PM
10th planet student

I have an apexi avcr hooked up on in my car, and its now reading that my throttle is at 1-2% when the car is on accesory. so im guessing my tps took a dump. Also i think mh ecu flashed out code 11 wich is the cam angle sensor

p.s. i just cleaned my oil covered tps. does that help, or when its done its done ?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The AVCR is probably just picking up noise fif it's reading 1-2% without the ECU powered up. Not uncommon. The TPS is very easy to test though, so there isn't any excuse to not find out whether it's misbehaving or not. Just out of curiosity, why is your TPS covered with oil?

The cam angle sensor is a much more serious problem. That needs to be troubleshot, as that can seriously fuck with the engine running properly. If the ECU doesn't know where the cam is, it will do all sorts of strange ignition timing stuff. How strange really depends on how gracefully the ECU's management strategy is programmed to deal with faults like that. Check the wiring very carefully.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-22-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:45 AM
10th planet student

Originally Posted by jorge1190
unplug your maf and see if it does it
SR's run like shit with the maf unplugged.....ill try it tho
Originally Posted by Fabrik8
The AVCR is probably just picking up noise fif it's reading 1-2% without the ECU powered up. Not uncommon. The TPS is very easy to test though, so there isn't any excuse to not find out whether it's misbehaving or not. Just out of curiosity, why is your TPS covered with oil?

The cam angle sensor is a much more serious problem. That needs to be troubleshot, as that can seriously fuck with the engine running properly. If the ECU doesn't know where the cam is, it will do all sorts of strange ignition timing stuff. How strange really depends on how gracefully the ECU's management strategy is programmed to deal with faults like that. Check the wiring very carefully.
the ecu is powered up when its reading the 1-2%. my tps is covered in oil because the person who owned my old car had a blown turbo and didn't change it out for a long time. but i re did the wiring on that side of the motor anyways. i didn't clean up the tps tho. i overlooked it :[. i know the CAS is a bad problem, but do you know if the timing is bad or is it the sensor itself. i advanced the timing on it like 3 days ago by the way.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:54 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Get rid of the timing advance so you're back to baseline for troubleshooting. You're talking about advancing the timing with the AVCR?
Old 10-23-2008, 08:07 AM
10th planet student

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Get rid of the timing advance so you're back to baseline for troubleshooting. You're talking about advancing the timing with the AVCR?
no no no, with the cam angle sensor on the side of the head
Old 10-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Racetracks

So you advanced the cam sensor? I'm not an SR20 expert, but I'm thinking that a bad idea. The cam sensor is a 360 tooth wheel with some other position detection stuff too. You turn the sensor, and the ECU isn't seeing the cam angle that it expects for the crank angle it's seeing. Turn the the thing back to where it was. Do your ignition timing changes in the AVCR or the ECU. At least turn it back and see if your cam angle sensor CEL goes away.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:28 AM
10th planet student

i can't advance the on the avcr and i have nothing to tune the the car with. except with the standalone that i dont want to put on yet. but thanks for your help. it was just a dirty maf sensor. i could have swore i cleaned it last week. but the car runs fine now
Old 10-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile

weren't just just telling someone the other day that you dont have a 240 anymore, and that your sn was old?

The problem is that SR20s are limp-wristed gayness

Quick Reply: my car is bogging again, but .....................